This Candied Pecans recipe is the best I’ve tasted! A few simple ingredients like brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt, vanilla and egg and then it’s as easy as letting the oven do it’s magic. These make a tasty snack, or salad topped and are excellent holiday gifts!
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
There are certain textures that I tend to gravitate towards and others that I’m not sad to miss out on. Mushiness, for example, is a texture that I have very little love for.
While I love oatmeal cookies and granola bars (and especially these Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Cookie Bars!) oatmeal on its own isn’t my idea of an enjoyable breakfast.
One texture I love is crunch. Potato chips. Dill pickles. French fries. Crispy foods that have a winning crunch are right in my wheelhouse.
So as you can imagine, Candied Pecans are also right in my wheelhouse. I mean what’s not to love about a crispy, sugary shell around a delicious pecan?
These Candied Pecans have so many delicious options for enjoying them. First of all, they’re excellent when you’re in the mood for a sweet snack!
These would be a festive holiday salad topper as well. And while I’m on the topic of holidays, wouldn’t these be an easy homemade gift? I know I’d be thrilled to receive these sweet confections!
They’d also be a great addition to add a bit of crunch to baked goods like pies (spoiler alert: I’ll talk a bit more about Candied Pecans and pies on Wednesday!).
One thing I love about these is how easy they are to make. Prep time took a whopping five minutes of my time and then I let the oven work it’s magic. It really was that easy!
I couldn’t be more excited to add this recipe to my go-to list. I have a big zipper bag of them hanging out in my pantry right now (though I can’t tell you how long they’ll last because I keep eating them!!).
Other great holiday treats:
5 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 4 cups of shelled pecan halves
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1 Tbsp. of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper (you can also give it a quick spray of cooking spray, though you shouldn't have to).
- Put the egg white into a bowl and whisk until it's foamy.
- Add the vanilla extract to the egg whites and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until really well combined.
- Add the pecans to the egg white mixture. Toss until they are all lightly coated.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the pecans and toss them again until they're evenly coated in the sugar mixture.
- Spread the pecans onto your sheet pan in an even layer.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, turning once.
These last a few weeks in your pantry in an air tight container.
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!