This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
This quick and easy Chocolate Pudding Cake recipe is a delicious cake mix hack! There are only five simple ingredients and the result is the most perfectly moist cake you’ll ever taste. This is an awesome last-minute dessert to throw together and it’s so good that people will have no idea it’s from a box!
Remember this insanely delicious Poppy Seed Cake that is crazy easy to make and the most moist cake you’ve ever tasted (if the answer is no, I encourage you to get into the kitchen and make it, stat!)? Like all great things in life, I couldn’t leave well enough alone and had to make a variation.
I had originally posted this recipe on a blog I used to contribute to called Organized Home Organized School. Unfortunately, that blog is no longer in existence (which is a huge bummer, because Jennifer had some awesome organizing tips!). So I’m working on taking my recipes that had previously been posted and getting them live over here so you can all enjoy their deliciousness!
I think it’s super important to have a great, easy, last-minute-dessert-recipe up your sleeve. I mean all desserts are beautiful. We know this. But not everyone has the time to put a ton of work into a fancy, scratch made dessert.
It’s nice to have an in between option that takes mere minutes of your time to throw together (the rest is baking time), minimal ingredients and is virtually fool proof. And of course the big game changer is that the variation of ingredients or the “hack” results in a cake that is moist, addictive and that blows your normal boxed cake mix right out of the water!
Other amazing boxed mix hack recipes:
This quick and easy Chocolate Pudding Cake recipe is a delicious cake mix hack! There are only five simple ingredients and the result is the most perfectly moist cake you'll ever taste. This is an awesome last-minute dessert to throw together and it's so good that people will have no idea it's from a box!
5 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 2 small boxes of instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup of warm water
- 3/4 of a cup of vegetable or canola oil
- 5 extra-large eggs (I used large and it still came out wonderful)
- 3/4 of a cup of mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Confectioner’s sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and grease your pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the first 5 ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in your mini chocolate chips if you're using them and put your batter into your pan.
- Bake for around 1 hour or until your cake tester comes out clean. Check it at 50 minutes, because it can go a little faster depending on your oven.
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!