This mini Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bites recipes is so quick and easy to make in a pinch. There’s no shame in making the brownies from mix (don’t worry, they’ll still taste homemade)! The peanut butter cups make these even more delicious- they’re perfect for a holiday get-together or cookie plate for any special occasion but are also great for last minute get-togethers.
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Sometimes, it’s important to have a dish in your arsenal that is extremely easy to make but still manages to be the crowd-pleaser to end all crowd-pleasers. So here it is.
There is no special or exciting story behind this. I saw something similar to this a few years ago at an extended family member’s holiday open house. Due to the nature of the party, there were several people that I didn’t know and everyone brought a dish to pass.
One brilliant woman brought these small brownie bites. Some had peanut butter cups and some had peppermint pattie’s sticking out of them. While I’m not a huge brownie fan I was intrigued, because anything made with a peppermint pattie is a win in my book. Sure enough, they were delicious- but the thing that really got me was standing back and watching all the guests go absolutely crazy over these.
Of course the wheels began turning in my head. I’m a person who loves a good doctored-up-baking-mix-recipe. And really, who doesn’t like to be the person that brings the crowd-pleasing dish to the party? I whipped these particular ones up with peanut butter cups because peanut butter and chocolate are like crack to half-drunk, football watching men (or, you know, human beings in general). I have also made these peppermint patties, and they’re pretty awesome too! You really can take these in any direction with whatever candy you like!
Here are some other boxed dessert mix hacks:
This mini Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bites recipes is so quick and easy to make in a pinch. There's no shame in making the brownies from mix (don't worry, they'll still taste homemade)! The peanut butter cups make these even more delicious- they're perfect for a holiday get-together or cookie plate for any special occasion but are also great for last minute get-togethers.
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
Yields 2-3 dozen
- 1 package of brownie mix, and whatever ingredients they call for (usually eggs, water and vegetable oil)
- 1 package of miniature peanut butter cups, sliced in half (I opted for the dark chocolate variety because dark chocolate is always the better option. It just is. Sorry not sorry.)
- Mini muffin cup liners
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees, line your mini muffin pan with the liners and grease them with cooking spray.
- Mix the brownie mix as per the directions on the box.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 of the way full (I put the batter into a baggie and snipped a corner off to reduce the mess).
- Bake for about 15 minutes (keep an eye on them as ovens vary).
- Right after you remove them from the oven, before they've fully set, place a half of peanut butter cup into each brownie.
- Serve when cooled or within a few days (these also freeze really well).
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!