Today is the very last day of 2014. In a way, I’m a little sad because this year has been so wonderful and I hate to see it end. But alas, all good things must come to an end. And so, we
feel like putting it out there for the world to see will help to hold me accountable for making every item on this list happen. I intend to update our progress periodically.
- Volunteer at least once per month- I regret that in my life, I don’t volunteer my time nearly as much as I would like to. The intention is there, but life takes over and I don’t always follow through. This needs to become more of a priority for us, especially because I want A to grow up wanting to give back and feeling the great feelings that come from doing something for others, simply because you can.
- Finally make this blog public to my friends and family- up to this point, I never had the nerve to actually let me friends and family know about this blog beyond a select few people. I’m not sure why, but I think it is because I’m so open about some very intimate details of my pregnancy. And yes, I recognize that how truly crazy it is that I am comfortable baring my soul to an internet full of strangers but hesitant to open it up to people that I actually know. But what can I say, I’m quirky.
- Travel to a place that I have never been- One thing that J and I have really slacked on is going on vacations new places. Over the years we tend to vacation in the same spots over and over. While this is always enjoyable, especially when there is other family involved (which I’m happy to say there frequently is), I’ve been itching to go somewhere that I haven’t been before. I’m not sure where, and I’m not sure when, but we are already starting to save and research a trip for some point this year.
- Have at least 1 date night per month- I’d be lying if I said I was a romantic person. I appreciate the storybook romance that you see in the movies, but I find it way more romantic that J often lets me sleep in when A wakes up early. We also rarely go on dates anymore, as we are homebodies and have some of our close friends as neighbors. But maybe it’s time to change this, especially since I have a long list of very eager babysitters.
- Lose 5 lbs- I’m still holding on to 10lbs. of baby weight that has not budged in either direction since my 6 week appointment. And I suck at working out. What can I say, i like food and laziness better than skinny. But I really do want to take off some of the baby weight an 5 lbs. seems more realistic goal. To be honest, this is really more about a lifestyle change than it is about weight loss but have a number will give me something concrete to work towards.
- Organize our home- I’m ashamed to admit that out home is very cluttered. It’s clean in the sense that I have a cleaning lady come every other week. But we have a lot of stuff that very quickly piles up after each cleaning. Life is busy and it’s hard to keep up when you have a 6 month old
runningrolling around. Every time we start something, we get distracted and things keep piling up. We also don’t have a home for everything. So I want to spend this year getting our home completely organized, creating a place for everything and most of all donating and getting rid of things we don’t use (there are a lot, I’m a total pack rat).
- Create a will and set up life insurance– These definitely came from my list of to-do’s that I was supposed to accomplish before A was born. But life happens and here we are with a 6 month old and neither of these things set up. These are so very important and both need to happen.
- Beef up our emergency fund- because we’ve been slacking on this and it really is important. Ideally, I’d like to have 6-9 months worth of expenses put away. This is of course separate from retirement savings and savings for things we want like trips and other things. I’d also like to actually make and use a change bucket for spare change.
- Not eating after 8pm and less snacking- I love to snack, I have an entire overhead compartment at work dedicated to my goodies “the pantry.” So I’ve decided that unless I’m drunk (which is rare, but epic) or pregnant, the eating ends at 8pm
- Skype more with our out-of-town family members- They’re awesome and we miss them.
What is your New Years Resolution?
Linked up at: