You will not believe how easy this Buffalo Chicken Braid is to make! This is a proven crowd pleaser- your family will be fighting for seconds!
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
When it comes to snack foods, I also cannot get enough of salty, delicious, extremely naughty snack foods. I think that's why game day foods have my whole heart And it's not game day without something involving Buffalo Chicken Wings. I mean, Buffalo New York is right in our backyard. So this recipe was absolutely necessary.
I mean, what's not to like? Spicy, savory buffalo chicken (it's basically an easy buffalo chicken dip), with mozzarella cheese and enveloped in tender crescent roll dough. Carbs make everything better (I know we're not supposed to talk about carbs this early in the yea so we'll pretend I never said that). But seriously, this was so stupid-easy to make and was really tasty!
You will, without a doubt, be the most popular person at any party or potluck that you bring this to. This is real talk here, people! J requests this for every single food day they have at his work. Trust me when I say you've got to make this!
Expert tips for making a Buffalo Chicken Braid:
- You can control just how spicy it is by reducing or increasing the amount of sauce, which is why I gave a range in the recipe. Taste it as while you're mixing the chicken filling.
- If a crescent roll sheet isn't available (my local grocery store recently stopped carrying them and I'm SO bummed!) you can use crescent rolls- carefully unroll them and leave them in a rectangle. Use a rolling pin to roll them together so that they're one sheet. You'll want to be extra careful when braiding the dough.
- When cutting the dough strips that you'll be braiding, I prefer to use a pizza wheel- I've also used a knife but the pizza wheel makes it so much easier!
- You can make this ahead and refrigerate it on your sheet pan until you're ready to serve; it tastes great warm or cold (though I'll admit, fresh out of the oven is better- so maybe assemble and bake it off right before serving).
Buffalo Chicken Braid Recipe
- sheet pan
- measuring cups
- paring knife
- measuring spoons
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce- make sure it's buffalo WING sauce not regular hot sauce the more sauce you add, the spicier it will be- so start with a ½ cup and taste it- add more sauce accordingly.
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 crescent roll sheet or if they're unavailable, you can roll together 1 can of crescent roll dough
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken, ranch seasoning, Buffalo wing sauce and mozzarella cheese and set aside.
- Place the crescent sheet onto the a silicone baking pan liner or piece of parchment paper and roll it slightly to flatten (you don't want it too thin).
- Transfer the liner or dough to the sheet pan.
- Using a pizza wheel or knife, cut strips about 1 ½ inches into each side, leaving around 3-4 inches of dough uncut on the inside.
- Place the chicken mixture down the center where the dough is not cut.
- Take the strips and fold them over each other, pressing lightly in the middle to create the braid.
- Fold the ends in to hold in the filling.
- Bake for around 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and reheat when ready to serve.
I also love this buffalo chicken recipe is:
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don't forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn't your style, bookmark this post!
Let's keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!