Trying to cook and stay organized in a small kitchen can be a struggle. But I'm going to share a ton of tips, hacks and sources for making the most of space and storage in small kitchens!
How to make the most of space and storage in small kitchens
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
At the end of last year, I did a reader survey. To be honest, I don't know why I didn't do one before that, because it provided so much insight about what kinds of posts you guys love and what you want to see!In general one of the highlights of this job is being able to connect with you guys and provide information and tips to make your life easier and better.
One of the biggest pieces of feedback that I've gotten from both the survey and my Facebook Group (guys, join!) is that many of you are working in a small kitchen. And even moreso, that having such a limited amount of space is a struggle for you.
And I get it. I lived for five years in NYC, legendary land of the microscopically small kitchens. And after that spent a few years in apartments. The struggle is real. Even my kitchen now, while bigger than my last ones, is still not large. I have a ton of overflow tools and gadgets living in the basement (in all fairness we have a food video business and I need and use most of it often). I was and sometimes still am in need of some small kitchen organization and kitchen space saving ideas.
So I've compiled a list of some great tips, tricks and kitchen organization hacks to really make to most of the space you have available in your small kitchen.
Small Kitchen Ideas:
- Install kitchen sink tip outs: you know that panel that is often found just under the counter top but above the under-the-sink cabinets? The one that's long and skinny and looks like it could be a drawer but really isn't? Why not set it up so that you can open it and store smaller items in there?
- Get the area under your kitchen sink organized: you could be giving up valuable under-sink space. Take some time and rethink what you've got going on under there and how you might best maximize that area.
- Organize spices with a magnetic spice rack: Why give up valuable cabinet space when you don't have to? Take advantage of all the insides of those cabinet doors.
- Create hidden cutting board storage: Hang them up where they won't be visible but will be readily available whenever you need them!
- Consolidate all those plastic bags that are taking over everything: If you're anything like me you have a ton of plastic bags taking over a cabinet or the area under the sink. It's a terrible waste of space and a very easy fix!
- Streamline the amount of gadgets hanging out in your kitchen: Do you ever feel like your gadgets are taking over? Check out this list of the best gadgets for small spaces and streamline your gadgets.
- Small pantry organization: Get that pantry in line to reduce your stress and take best advantage of that space!
- Get those K-cups in line: I am the absolute worst when it comes to K cup storage. They're taking over a section of my kitchen. I need this brilliant hack in my life!
- Organize your tupperware: Wanna know the very best way to test your marriage? Have a tupperware cabinet that looks like mine. It drives J crazy. Don't be like me. get your tupperware under control!
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don't forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn't your style, bookmark this post!
Let's keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!