Thanksgiving week is now officially upon us. I for one, am thrilled not to have to host this year. But for those of you that are hosting, I thought I'd link a few recipes that look extra delicious for this Thanksgiving season, with enough time to get your hands on everything you need to make them. Enjoy!
- This great Thanksgiving Calculator over at The Savory will help you time out your day accordingly (along with a slew of other information).
- The Kitchn breaks down How to Cook a Turkey in a very simple way.
- Alejandra over at Always Order Dessert brings up an excellent point about cooking the turkey breast-side down to maintain the moisture in the breast in her post about the Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey.
- Popsugar takes the guess work out of How Much Food You'll Need for the amount of guests you'll be serving.
- J would be devastated if his thanksgiving dinner didn't include without Garlic Mashed Potatoes found over at Simply Recipes.
- Here is a basic Homemade Gravy Recipe from the gals over at Our Best Bites which looks so good!
- Savory Sweet Life keeps it simple with this Stuffing Recipe which looks so very tasty.
- Who doesn't love Green Bean Casserole? I would definitely have seconds of the recipe over at The Novice Chef Blog.
- Melanie Makes has this recipe from Brussels Sprouts with Apples And Bacon. I can't imagine a more perfect combination of flavors.
- I'm not much of a candied yams kind of gal (sweet on sweet? No thanks.). So when I found this Honey Balsamic Roasted Root Vegetables from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker amid the sea of candied yams recipes that are out there, I got very excited.
- The mere concept of baking with yeast scares the hell out of me, but I had to add some dinner rolls to the list. Luckily, I came across these Fast and Easy Dinner Rolls at Center Cut Cook. Even I would be willing to try making these.
- While I tend to favor the the canned, jellied variety, Homemade Cranberry Sauce adds a nice touch to a Thanksgiving table like the one Jaclyn at Cooking Classy makes.
- This Caramel Apple Crumble Pie over at Averie Cooks looks pretty amazing!
- I don't care what holiday you're celebrating, chocolate makes it better. I could tuck into this Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake from Tastes Better From Scratch any day of the week.
- That's My Home blog has a delicious looking Cranberry Orange Cake for those that aren't feeling the pie (wait...people don't like pie??).
- While I'm not exactly a lover of all-things-pumpkin (as you'll see in tomorrow's post) you can't have Thanksgiving without Classic Pumpkin Pie like this one over at Gonna Want Seconds?
- You can make a beautiful and delicious turkey stock using the left over turkey bones as illustrated at Bombshell Bling.
- I love a good Turkey Pot Pie like the one featured at A Family Feast.
- Everyone always posts recipes for turkey leftovers, but what about the other side dishes? These Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes from Just a Taste sound like a nice, savory way to start a lazy Black Friday.
- Gimme Some Oven has some Turkey Enchiladas that look pretty fantastic.