This Bloody Mary Cheeseball Recipe is the best easy appetizer option for entertaining. Made with many of the same ingredients and toppings as a traditional Bloody Mary drink (but without the alcohol) It’s a family friendly hors d’oeuvre that’s full of great flavor!
Bloody Mary Cheese Ball Recipe
This is a sponsored conversation on behalf of Collective Bias and it’s advertiser. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help support this blog. This post contains affiliate links. Please see the disclaimer here.
With my great love for all things hors-d’oeuvre-y, I figured it was probably a good time to brainstorm some new and delicious appetizer options that are easy to whip up and look pretty and festive for holiday entertaining.
I’m not sure it’s possible to go to a holiday get together in my family and not come across RITZ Crackers. Whether they’re part of the requisite cheese platter or used as a vessel upon which to hoard as much of my Grandma Eve’s Shrimp Dip as possible (it’s every man for himself when that incredible dip is available- stay tuned, I’ll be sharing that soon!) it’s simply not a party without RITZ Crackers.
So a collaboration seemed like a natural next step and I couldn’t help but jump at the chance to create a recipe that would be the perfect addition to those very crackers while also being quick and easy to make for your holiday guests.
So I began brainstorming a cream cheese ball concept. Though I had never made my own cheese ball, I have tasted several at various events throughout my life. I try not to ever turn down the opportunity to try various Cheese varieties, especially if they’re mixed with other tasty offerings!
Being the scrappy gal I am, I thought to myself, “Why not remove the Vodka and use the zesty, savory ingredients that you typically find in a Bloody Mary to make a festive and easy cheese ball recipe?” And the rest, as they say, was history.
Tips for making a Bloody Mary Bacon Cheese Balls
- Be sure to soften the cream cheese to make it easier to mix. You can do this by leaving it out a couple hours in advance. Or in a pinch, zap it in the microwave for 30 seconds or so.
- I like to use my mini prep processor to chop the olives and save time.
- Refrigerate the cheese for a good 10 minutes before rolling it into a ball to make the rolling process easier.
- Although I always encourage you to use real bacon, you can use bacon bits for this, just try to buy the ones that are actually real bacon.
- Once you’ve formed the cheeseball and rolled it in the bacon and parsley mixture, wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour to help it firm up.
Frequently asked questions about making the best cheese ball recipe
- Can I make this in advance? While it’s still tasty when reheated, puff pastry is definitely at it’s very best when consumed right away. You’ll lose that flaky, crispy texture that we all love once you refrigerate it.
- Can I make these into cheese ball bites? Sure, just roll them smaller and pop a pretzel stick into them just before serving.
- What’s the best way to mix the cheese ball? I used a Stand mixer or Hand mixer, but you can also do it by hand.
- How long do these last in the refrigerator? These will last up to a week wrapped up in your fridge.
- Can this be made ahead? Yes, this can be made up to a couple days ahead.
This Bloody Mary Cheeseball Recipe is the best easy appetizer option for entertaining. Made with many of the same ingredients and toppings as a traditional Bloody Mary drink (but without the alcohol) It's a family friendly hors d'oeuvre that's full of great flavor!
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 3/4 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup green olives stuffed with pimentos, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled bacon or bacon bits (try to find ones that are real bacon)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- RITZ crackers
- Cut up celery
In a large bowl, use a mixer to combine cream cheese and white cheddar.
Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, horseradish, celery salt, black pepper and chopped green olives and mix well until fully combined.
Use a spatula to scrape all the cheese mixture in to the middle of the bowl and pop it into the refrigerator to chill for a good 10 minutes (to make it easier to roll into a ball).
Mix bacon crumbles and parsley in a bowl until fully combined. Using your (clean) hands, roll the cheese into a ball and carefully roll it in the bacon and parsley mixture.
Wrap the cheese ball in plastic wrap and place it into the refrigerator to chill for at least and hour or until you're ready to serve it.
This can be made the night before and should stay good in the refrigerator for a few days.
This giveaway has ended. Congratulations to our winners Jeanne and Lola!
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions!
Try some other easy cheesy appetizers include:
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!