Weeknight dinner should be as quick and easy as it is delicious and this One Pan Baked Italian Sausage and Veggies seriously delivers!
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Ugh, weeknight meals. Not my fav. I mean, they’re definitely easier now that I’m home, but on the days my girls are at daycare which are typically my shoot days for photos and videos) I’m generally pretty beat by the time dinner rolls around.
So after reading all your great responses to my reader survey (you guys are seriously the best!) it became very clear that you guys are a lot like me- you don’t have the time to cook, many of you are lacking in space for cooking and you’re always looking for new ideas!
So in an effort to kill a few birds with one stone, I’ve made it my goal to create more one pan meals. Bonus points if they’re quick!
This one came about because I had a slew of random leftover veggies from other meals and a package of sweet Italian sausage that I really needed to use. So I figured I should probably create some sort of Italian sausage recipe, and I better hope to it because dinner time was fast approaching!
Here are a few tips for making this sheet pan Italian sausage recipe:
- Try to cut the veggies and potatoes to similar sizes so that they that around the same amount of time to cook.
- The potatoes in this end up cooked and tender, but if you want them to be on the crispier side, you might want to put those on the pan and into the oven for 10-15 minutes before adding everything else to the pan.
- The seasoning I mentioned is totally a recommendation based on my own taste. DOn’t hesitate to add more or less of something based on your own personal tastes.
- This would also be excellent meal prep and reheats pretty well.
Weeknight dinner should be quick and easy as it is delicious and this One Pan Baked Italian Sausage and Veggies seriously delivers!
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
Yields 4 servings
- 2 cups baby potatoes, halved
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup onions cut to 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups small mushrooms (half or quarter the large ones for uniform size- this was around a 6 ounce package for me)
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage links, sliced on the bias (diagonal)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place all the vegetables into a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning to the bowl and toss well to evenly coat all vegetables.
- Spread the vegetables onto a sheet pan in one even layer.
- Distribute the sausage slices throughout the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes giving the pan a good shake halfway through to prevent sticking.
If the pan is too small to have one layer, split them between two pans. This reheats well and would be great meal prep. If you want crispier potatoes, place them on the pan and bake for 10-15 minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients to the pan.
Another favorite recipe featuring Italian sausage is this one:
I also love this recipe featuring Italian sausage:
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!