The only thing better than fresh strawberry pie is Cream Cheese Strawberry Pie! This refreshing summer dessert is the love child of pie and cheesecake we've all been dreaming of!
Check out my other awesome pie recipes like: Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Pie, Cherry Cheese Pie and Peanut Butter Pie.
Fresh Strawberry Pie with Cream Cheese
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Summer desserts are one of my favorite categories of food to work on. The abundance of fresh berries makes creating these confections even more fun and delicious. And this year, I knew I wanted to create a variation of my Grandmas award winning Cherry Cheese Pie using fresh strawberries.
There's something especially awesome about combining two of the most fantastic desserts: cheesecake and pie. Creamy and refreshing cheesecake filling combined with the sweet and delicious raspberries and their glaze in a flaky pie crust is a sure-fire way to have people begging for the recipe. Little will they know that it's also outrageously easy to make!
Tips for making Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
- Keep it simple and use pre-made pie crust. There's nothing wrong with homemade, but I've had a great experience with the pre-made ones.
- If you want the crust to have a more homemade look, buy one of the crusts that unrolls and use your own pie pan.
- To prevent the pie crust from shrinking or losing it's shape, line the pie crust with parchment paper after you've crimped it and then pour dried beans or pie weights into the parchment paper. Spread it along the bottom and bake according to package direction.
- To prevent the edges of the crust from burning while you bake the pie shell, use a pie collar or foils to cover it halfway through baking if the sides are browning too quickly.
- Like the Cherry Cheese Pie, the only really labor-intensive part of assembling this pie is putting the sliced strawberries onto the pie. Now you may be tempting to just dump the strawberries on top and call it a day. But Grandma Rosie was clear that you must put the berries on top one-by-one so that each and every bite was fully covered in strawberries and so that the amount of glaze isn't overwhelming.
- For placing the sliced strawberries, I find it easiest to start in the middle and build the rest of them around that middle berry, removing extra syrup before adding each berry. You could totally go from outside-in as well if you prefer.
Should this pie be refrigerated?
Yes, it's a good idea to refrigerate before serving.
Can this be made ahead?
Most aspects of this pie can be made ahead. You can bake off the pie crust and mix together the cheesecake filling. Then just assemble the pie and make the glaze the morning you intend to eat it and refrigerate until it’s time to serve! You can totally make it the night before as well, I just prefer to do it on the day-of so the crust doesn't get soggy.
Can I freeze this?
Technically you can, but I don't encourage it, as it could adversely affect the texture of the pie. However, if you prefer a more frozen texture, then give it a shot and tell me how it works out.
Here's what you'll need to make Strawberry Cream Pie:
- Pie crust
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Confectioner's sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Corn starch
- Lemon juice
- Strawberry Jello mix
- Fresh strawberries
Cream Cheese Strawberry Pie
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pie crust baked and cooled (this makes enough cheese filling for a 10 inch pie, but if you make a smaller one, I encourage you to enjoy the leftover filling with graham crackers and the cherry syrup)
Glaze and Strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Strawberry Jello mix
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
Pie assembly instructions
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream until it becomes whipped cream, forming nice, fluffy peaks. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the cream cheese, confectioner's sugar and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gently fold the cheese mixture into the whipped cream to combine. If making ahead, cover and refrigerate until you're ready to assemble the pie.
- On the day you're serving, pour the cheese mixture into the baked and cooled pie crust and smooth the top. Refrigerate while you make the glaze.
Glaze and Strawberries Instructions
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, corn starch, granulated sugar and lemon juice.
- Whisk often until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk in 2 Tablespoons of Strawberry Jello mix until fully combined. Remove from heat.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes and pour over bowl of sliced strawberries. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, arrange strawberries one-by-one on top of the pie, overlapping. Be sure to shake off excess glaze before adding each berry slice (as you don't want the pie to be too liquid-y).
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or until you're ready to serve.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make it please tag me on Instagram with @thelifejolie so I can share it <3
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!
Leave a Reply