No Bake Peanut Butter Pie is the dessert that dreams are made of! You will make this again and again!
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
You guys, this peanut butter pie recipe is no joke. Like, a serious game changer. Rich, creamy, dreamy, peanut-buttery, Oreo-cookie-crusty happiness (crusty?! I don’t know, just bear with me haha!). I can barely handle it. And then, to bring it over the top, I’ve added mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. I know.
If you love chocolate and peanut butter, this is the peanut butter pie recipe for you! It’s super rich, so you don’t need a huge piece, which is great because you can feed more people that way. And best of all, its no-bake!
Tips for making a no bake peanut butter pie:
- Since this is technically a chocolate peanut butter pie, I used an Oreo cookie crust. I went the pre-made route because I never seem to have good lucky making my own crumb crusts. Those pre-made crusts are also a huge time saver!
- Melt the peanut butter a bit before adding it to the mixing bowl. I tested it both ways and while the unmelted version was still delicious, melting the peanut butter makes for a smoother filling.
- Allow the pie to set for an hour or more. In my opinion it also tastes better chilled.
- When you’re swirling the chocolate sauce, less is more. It’s very forgiving in general, but I’ve found that minimal swirl heed the prettiest swirls.
- Don’t skimp on the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups! Because who doesn’t love them?!
Helpful tools for making easy Peanut Butter Pie:
- Stand mixer or Hand mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie is the dessert that dreams are made of and best of all, it's no bake! You will make this again and again!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 8 ounce container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 premade Oreo cooking crust
- Chocolate sauce
- 1/2 bag mini Reese's peanut butter cups, halved or quartered
Warm the peanut butter in the microwave for around 30 seconds to melt a bit (you can always go longer if it's not pourable).
Add the peanut butter into the mixing bowl along with confectioner's sugar, cream cheese, vanilla extract and salt.
Beat well for 1-2 minutes until everything is well combined and creamy.
Fold in the whipped topping until well combined.
Pour the mixture into the Oreo cookie crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
Squeeze some chocolate sauce onto the top of the pie (I squeezed it in concentric circles) and then take a toothpick and lightly swirl it. Less is more when it comes to swirling.
Put the cut up mini peanut butter cups all around the edges of the pie, near the crust.
Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Mini Reese's Peanut Butter cups can usually be found in bags with the ice cream toppings near the freeze section- they're smaller than the Mini Peanut Butter Cups that come wrapped, which are usually sold in the candy section. If the little one's aren't available, you can always buy a bag of the wrapped ones and just chop them a bit smaller.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions!
Looking for some other easy pie recipes?
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!