Sure, you've had traditional 7 Layer Dip but have you tried Hot 7 Layer Bean Dip? This will be an instant party go-to!
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Life Lately: The Great Halloween Costume Debate
(or skip right to the Hot 7 Layer Bean Dip)
So this Halloween, A is going to be Owlette for Halloween. This works out really nicely because she got an Owlette costume for her birthday. It's a little big and I'm really happy about that because we can put warm clothes underneath it since Halloween can be pretty cold in these parts (ya never know with Rochester weather- one day it can be 80, the next it'll snow!).
But I still haven't figured out what T should be. We do have the doggie costume from when A was T's age (back when I was pregnant with T). When I ask A, she keeps changing it up. First she was saying a ghost (not happening for all sorts of logistical reasons). Earlier this week she said a witch, which is also possible.
T is currently obsessed with Tutu's. No joke, she literally puts one on when she gets to daycare in the morning and refuses to remove it until it's time to leave. Even eats and naps in it! It's adorable and a little bit hilarious (A isn't a huge girly girl so this is new territory for us). So I was thinking maybe a costume that incorporates a Tutu into the mix (while still allowing us to bundle her up). Anyone have ideas about what T should be?
Hot 7 Layer Bean Dip:
As you guys already know, when it comes to football season, I’m really only in it for the food (and funny commercials on Superbowl Sunday, of course!). I am all about the smorgasbord of usually unhealthy and often totally delicious food that you find at while tailgating and homegating!
This recipe came about because we are a serious lovers of all things taco and Mexican-food related, especially when it comes to snacking! I would happily eat a traditional 7 Layer Dip and a Hot Taco dip at the same time. So one day, I had an Oprah-style, a-ha moment where I said to myself, “Self, why not combine a Seven Layer Dip with a Hot Taco Dip?” It’s like a light bulb switched on I just knew I had to give this Hot 7 Layer Bean Dip a try.
I am so glad because this has officially become my new go-to for parties and get-togethers! It starts with a nice layer of cream cheese. This gets topped with a layer of bean dip followed by a layer of chili (I went with a bean-less variety, but if you like extra beans, by all means get a chili with beans in it – the chili world is your oyster!). Next you’ll top it with Rotel, then corn and chopped green chiles, all of which I drained to cut down on extra liquid. And finally, you’ll finish it with a generous sprinkling of grated cheese, because melty cheese makes everything better!
Best of all, this took all of ten minutes to throw together and the rest is baking time. So you can easily prepare it and then sit back and enjoy the game (or in my case, the munchies!).
Other great party dips include:
- Everything Pita Chips
- The Most Delicious Guacamole Ever
- Shrimp Salsa
- Roasted Corn Salsa
- Artichoke Asiago Dip
- Hot Chicken Swiss Dip
Hot 7 Layer Bean Dip
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese softened (30 seconds in the microwave will do the trick!)
- 1 9 oz. container bean dip
- 1 15 oz. can chili
- 1 10 oz. can rotel drained
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed and drained (a couple minutes under hot water works just fine)
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chiles drained
- 1 ½ cups shredded mexi-blend cheese or cheddar
- Chopped scallions for garnish
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 9 inch pie plate, spread the cream cheese in an even layer and place it in the freezer for a couple of minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Next spread an even layer of bean dip on top of the cream cheese.
- Spread an even layer of chili on top of the bean dip layer.
- Now spread the Rotel on top of the chili layer.
- After that spread the corn on top of the Rotel layer.
- Next spread the green chiles on top of the corn layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the dip from the oven and sprinkle the grated mexi-blend cheese on top.
- Bake for 10 more minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and it's hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with scallions and enjoy with tortilla chips!
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don't forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn't your style, bookmark this post!
Let's keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!