Easy Instant Pot Chili will knock your socks off. Ready in around 30 minutes and full of mouthwatering flavor!
Easy Instant Pot Chili
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Now that I own an Instant Pot, I'm trying to use it a lot more. Because it's so darn easy and totally quick! So I figured I better make some chili!
So I came up with a killer Instant Pot Chili recipe to warm you up on the coldest of days. I especially love that it allows me the ability to develop a ton of great flavor in a reasonably short amount of time. This is because the Instant Pot gives you the ability to brown meat and saute in the very same pan that it pressure cooks in, which I think is just brilliant!
I made sure to add a variety of chili seasoning options to make the flavor as robust as possible in such a short amount of time. This would be an excellent option for a game day gathering or a casual evening with friends. It's also a super delicious weeknight meal. There's really nothing like a good homemade chili recipe!
Tips for making this easy chili recipe in the instant pot:
- Prepare your ingredients before starting to cook. This is called a Mise en Place and it's something you should do before every recipe you prepare. Your overall cooking experience will run so much smoother if you do.
- Pay attention to how much Cayenne Pepper you add. I added an entire ¼ teaspoon and it was reasonably spicy. To be honest, I was shocked that my girls ate it! You can easily cut this down to a pinch or leave it out entirely if a spicy chili recipe isn't for you.
- Don't worry about doing a natural release. While a natural release is more important for tougher cuts of meat like chuck roast, quick release works just fine for this recipe. A natural release certainly won't hurt the recipe, so if you have the time you certainly can, but you can totally quick release it.
- Have fun with your toppings! I love to add sour cream, tons of cheese, scallion and avocado onto my chili but you can really get crazy with the toppings- in fact that would be the perfect recipe for a make your own chili bar at a party! I even added some Mexican rice one night that I happened to have leftover in my fridge and it was such a delicious addition. And don't forget some nice, crispy tortilla chip for dipping!
Easy Instant Pot Chili Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef, 80/20
- 1 pound ground pork (if not available substitute with more ground beef)
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon Mexican oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (if you don't like spicy foods half this ingredient or leave it out completely)
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 4 ounce can green chiles, drained
- 1 15.5 ounce can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- ½ cup beef broth
- The toppings of your choice
- Add oil to the Instant Pot and set it to the Saute setting.
- Add ground beef and ground pork to the pot and saute for 3-4 minutes to begin browning. Break it up, stirring frequently to ensure even browning.
- When the meat is halfway browned add bell pepper, onion, and garlic and saute for 2 more minutes stirring frequently until the meat is fully browned and the vegetables have softened slightly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the toppings) and stir well to combine.
- Press Cancel and secure the cover of the Instant Pot to a closed and locked position. Turn the vent to the pressurizing position and set the Instant Pot to Manual High Pressure for 12 minutes.
- Once it's done cooking, carefully do a quick release (always turn the vent away from you, I like to use a towel).
- Give the chili a quick stir and serve immediately with your desired toppings.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions!
Here's my other favorite chili recipe:
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!