Meet your new favorite appetizer: Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos. A quick and delicious way to become the most popular person at the party!
Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Is it even possible not to like Buffalo chicken? I’m not quite sure. Even if it doesn’t include chicken, foods drenched in buffalo sauce are everywhere. And I totally get it, what’s not to like? It’s spicy, savory and super addictive!
And since buffalo wing dip and since buffalo chicken and chicken taquitos are two of my favorite snacks, I thought “Why not combine them?” Boy was that a good idea! There are crazy delicious and seriously easy to make! I sent the leftover into my husband’s office and they sent back the empty container demanding a refill!
Frequently asked questions about this buffalo chicken taquitos recipe:
- What is the best way to cook the chicken for this? Leftovers from last night's dinner work great. If you're short on time, a rotisserie chicken is also a great little hack. But my favorite way to make shredded chicken is in the slow cooker.
- Can you freeze buffalo chicken roll ups? Yes! I'd assemble them and freeze them all rolled up so that when you're ready to eat them all you have to do is thaw and bake them. I haven't tested them baking from frozen so if you plan to do that, make sure you keep an eye on them and perhaps add some additional baking time to account for them being frozen (and leave a comment letting me know how it went) 🙂
- What if I wanted them to be really spicy? You can easily make these more (or less) spicy by managing the amount of buffalo sauce you add to the chicken mixture accordingly. If you're cooking for a mixed crowd, you might consider taking it easy on the buffalo sauce and then serving some extra on the side so that your spicy-loving guests can dip them into it.
- Can I use cooked chicken that I've previously frozen in this recipe? Totally! Just make sure you thaw them safely (in the refrigerator or submerged in a bowl of cold water that you change every 30 minutes) and if you do this, don't refreeze them once assembled.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning
- ½-1 cup buffalo wing sauce, depending on your taste (make sure it's the wing sauce and not hot sauce)
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 7 fajita-size flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 large pinch kosher salt
- Ranch dressing
- Additional buffalo wing sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and grease or line a sheet pan.
- In a large bowl mix the chicken, ranch seasoning, buffalo wing sauce and mozzarella cheese until well combined.
- Place 4 Tablespoons of the chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll it tightly.
- Place each Taquito on the baking sheet, seam side down.
- Spray the Taquitos lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with a large pinch of kosher salt.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut in half and serve immediately with Ranch dressing, additional Buffalo wing sauce and celery.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions!
Looking for some other buffalo chicken recipes?
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!
Leave a Reply