Quick and Easy Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders: Stupid easy to make. Quick to throw together. Beyond delicious (and full of melty, stretchy cheese). Pretty much the perfect game day snack!
Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
We are basically always in full-on football mode around these parts. This is not a drill.
J's always been big into the fantasy football. And I'm not only talking about spending football season immersed in it (though that's a part of it for sure). I'm talking all-year-around. Planning. Dreaming. Discussing. This is a thing, you guys.
And to be honest, I don't mind. It's fun for him. It gives him a little mental break from wife and kids stuff and work stuff. And he doesn't hate on me if my eyes glaze over after a certain amount of football talk (I like the game but I don't know too much about the players). As I mentioned in my post about the insanely delicious Meat Lover's Pizza Bites (side note: go make these, they're so good!) game day is all about the food for me.
While his team is hit-or-miss so far with games (then again, this is the Bills we're talking about here) these tasty sliders are a guaranteed win. I mean, what is more synonymous with game day than Buffalo chicken dip (and really Buffalo chicken anything everything)?
Why chicken sliders instead of Frank's Buffalo chicken dip?
I love that it's super-easy to throw together because who wants the hassle of dealing with a million different ingredients and so many extra steps when there's some perfectly good football to be watched (besides me, of course, but we can't all be mega-geeks when it comes to food. I recognize this isn't the norm.)?
It's also great because you can make the shredded chicken and buffalo sauce mixture ahead, throw it all together right before the game and pop it into the oven. There's a whole lot of work-smarter-not-harder going on with this and I'm all about that life. I use this recipe for shredded chicken since it takes all the work out of it.
I find this to be the perfect balance of crispy bread, zesty ranch and tender chicken with just the right amount of spicy buffalo sauce (though I left a range in the recipes so you can always add more if you want it to be extra spicy!).
Video tutorial for making buffalo chicken sandwiches
Quick and Easy Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Cooking spray
- 15 mini slider buns
- 4 cups cooked chicken, lightly shredded
- ½-3/4 cups buffalo wing sauce, I used ½ cup + 1 Tablespoon and it was the perfect amount for me but if you want it spicier, add more
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning, divided
- 2 ¼ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼-1/2 cup ranch dressing, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray the pan down with cooking spray.
- Slice the buns so that there's a top and a bottom (try to keep them in one piece if you can).
- Place the bun bottoms into the pan and bake for 5 minutes.
- While the bun bottoms are baking mix the chicken, buffalo wing sauce and 1 Tbsp. of ranch seasoning until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter with 1 tsp. of ranch seasoning and set aside for later.
- Once the bun bottoms are out of the oven, spread the ranch dressing in a thin layer onto the bun bottoms.
- Next, top the bun bottoms with an even layer of the buffalo chicken and then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese in an even layer on top of the chicken.
- Place your bun tops onto the sliders and finish them by brushing the butter mixture lightly onto each bun top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately (but be careful, it'll be hot!)
This giveaway has ended. Congratulations to our winners Jeanne and Lola!
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions!
Looking for some other buffalo chicken recipes?
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!
Alia @ Everyday Easy Eats says
Alia @ Everyday Easy Eats says
Chris Gleim says