Quick and Easy Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders: Stupid easy to make. Quick to throw together. Beyond delicious (and full of melty, stretchy cheese). Pretty much the perfect game day snack!
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
We are in full-on football mode around these parts. This is not a drill.
J lives for this time of year. He’s always been big into the fantasy football. And I’m not only talking about spending football season immersed in it (though that’s a part of it for sure). I’m talking all-year-around. Planning. Dreaming. Discussing. This is a thing, you guys.
Although, to be honest, I don’t mind. It’s fun for him. It gives him a little mental break from wife and kids stuff and work stuff. And he doesn’t hate on me if my eyes glaze over after a certain amount of football talk (I like the game but I don’t know too much about the players).
As I mentioned in my post about the insanely delicious Meat Lover’s Pizza Bites (side note: go make these, they’re so good!) game day is all about the food for me.
While this season has been hit-or-miss so far with games (then again, this is the Bills we’re talking about here) these Quick and Easy baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders are a guaranteed win.
Using Buffalo as my theme for this recipe was a no-brainer because what is more synonymous with game day than Buffalo flavored everything?
I knew I wanted something super-easy to throw together because who wants the hassle of dealing with a million different ingredients and so many extra steps when there’s some perfectly good football to be watched (besides me, of course, but we can’t all be mega-geeks when it comes to food. I recognize this isn’t the norm.)?
I love that you can make the chicken ahead, throw it all together right before the game and pop it into the oven. There’s a whole lot of work-smarter-not-harder going on with this and I’m all about that life.
I use this recipe for shredded chicken since it takes all the work out of it. You can even add the Buffalo components to the chicken in advance if you want.
I find this to be the perfect balance of crispy bread, zesty ranch and tender chicken with just the right amount of spicy buffalo sauce (though you can always add more if you want it to be extra spicy!).
Other great game day snacks:
- Artichoke Asiago Dip
- Salami Chips
- Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Sweet and Spicy Kielbasa Bites
- Bloody Mary Cheeseball
- Meat Lover’s Pizza Bites
- BLT Bruschetta
Serves 1 slider
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- Cooking spray
- 15 mini slider buns
- 4 cups of lightly shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp. of buffalo wing sauce
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. of ranch seasoning, divided
- 2 1/4 cups of mozzarella cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup of ranch dressing, to taste
- 2 Tbsps. of melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray the pan down with cooking spray.
- Slice the buns so that there's a top and a bottom (try to keep them in one piece if you can).
- Place the bun bottoms into the pan and bake for 5 minutes.
- While the bun bottoms are baking mix the chicken, buffalo wing sauce and 1 Tbsp. of ranch seasoning until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter with 1 tsp. of ranch seasoning and set aside for later.
- Once the bun bottoms are out of the oven, spread the ranch dressing in a thin layer onto the bun bottoms.
- Next, top the bun bottoms with the buffalo chicken and then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese in an even layer on top of the chicken.
- Place your bun tops onto the sliders and finish them by brushing the butter mixture lightly onto each bun top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
On the rare occasion that you have leftovers these taste pretty good the next day.
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!