Puff Pastry Egg Muffins are perfect to make for family brunch and also to make for a tasty grab-and-go option through the week. Quick, easy and minimal effort for maximum flavor!
Puff Pastry Egg Muffins
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Grab-and-go breakfast alert! If you're a frequent flyer here at The Life Jolie, then you know I have a penchant for recipes using pre-made puff pastry. What can I say, it's so easy and so delicious. So it was pretty much inevitable that at some point I would share a recipe for breakfast egg muffins featuring puff pastry. Like my puff pastry pizza recipe!
I kept this egg muffin recipe pretty simple with bacon, eggs and cheese. Nothing like a classic! But you can totally take these in any direction you want. And if you do, I'd really love for you to comment and tell me what fillings you went with!
Tips for making puff pastry egg muffin cups:
- Grease your muffin pan well! These little guys are so tasty but they tend to stick, so be liberal with the cooking spray!
- Crumble the bacon after you've fried it instead of chopping prior to cooking. It's so much easier and less time consuming.
- Use a pizza cutter to easily cut the raw puff pastry. Simple and easy hack!
- Gently poke the bottoms of the puff pastry with a fork before filling it to keep it from puffing up. The keyword here is gently. You don't want to poke it all the way through. Do this once the dough is in the muffin cups.
- Whip the egg mixture super well. This will make it nice and fluffy.
- Serve immediately. These are definitely best right out of the oven. That being said, they will last in the fridge for a few days as well and are still pretty tasty if you pop them in the microwave for around 30 seconds.
- Muffin pan
- Pizza cutter
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling Pin
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
- Fry pan
Puff Pastry Egg Muffins
- Cooking spray
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed (there are 2 sheets per package)
- 10 slices bacon, fried until crispy
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- kosher salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray the muffin cups really well.
- Using a pizza wheel, cut each puff pastry sheet into 9 squares.
- Place the puff pastry dough into the cups. The corners will come up a little. Lightly poke the bottom with a fork, being careful not to poke all the way through.
- Crumble 6 pieces of bacon and divide between the muffin cups (crumble the remaining pieces and set aside for later).
- Divide cheese between all muffin cups.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly between the muffin cups.
- Top the muffin cups with remaining bacon crumbles.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes of until the puff pastry is golden brown. Serve immediately.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions!
Looking for some other puff pastry breakfast recipes?
- Spinach and Feta Breakfast Puff Pastry Pizza
- Puff Pastry Breakfast Pizza
- Strawberry Goat Cheese Tart
- Asparagus and Leek Tart
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!