These Cheesy Ranch Potato Wedges are downright addictive! Crispy on the outside and perfectly tender on the inside with a deliciously zesty ranch flavor and finished with melted cheddar cheese.
Cheesy Ranch Potato Wedges
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Cheesy. Ranch. Potato Wedges. You guys. What's not to love about ranch potatoes?! These are an accidental side dish that turned into a full blown recipe.
It all started when I was testing out a chicken recipe. I actually still haven't gotten that other recipe to work, which is a total bummer because in my head it sounded delicious. So we'll see on that one. But anyway, I had a bunch of extra ranch seasoning and cheese leftover and I wanted potatoes to go with out dinner that night. So I threw a few things together and although the chicken failed to impress, the ranch roasted potatoes were a winner!
Naturally, I had to share them with you. These are great to throw together and pop in the oven on a weeknight before you move on to preparing the rest of your meal. They have that fantastically zesty ranch flavor that we all know and love. And who doesn't love melted cheese on baked potato wedges?
Tips for making Ranch Roasted Potatoes:
- When cutting the potatoes, try to keep them a uniform size. That way they'll cook more evenly.
- Grease you pan really well, these guys tend to stick. Or better yet, line it with parchment or a silicone liner.
- Make sure you mix it all really well before you put it on the pan, you want every single potato to be super flavorful!
- Keep a close eye on these potatoes. Every oven is different and yours could go faster (or slower) than mine did.
Cheesy Ranch Potato Wedges
- 6-7 cups red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 ½ Tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 Ranch seasoning packet
- ½-1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease or line a sheet pan.
- In a large bowl, combine potato wedges, melted butter and Ranch seasoning packet.
- Mix well until all potatoes are evenly coated.
- Spread the potatoes into an even layer onto the sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and turn the potatoes.
- Bake for 15 more minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and turn the potatoes.
- Bake for 10 more minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and loosen the potatoes with a spatula.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese in an even layer over the top of the potatoes.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions!
Looking for some other easy side dish recipes?
- Homemade Scalloped Potatoes
- Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- French Onion Mashed Potatoes
- Cheddar and Broccoli Twice Baked Potatoes
- German Potato Salad
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!
Leave a Reply