Cooked carrots don’t have to be sugary sweet! Try these easy Garlic Butter Carrots. They’re sautéed with a savory mix of butter and garlic and finished with fresh parsley for a simple side dish that’s sure to please!
Garlic Butter Cooked Carrots
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Check out some of my other vegetable side dish recipes:
When I was a kid, I was not into cooked carrots. Probably because I always seemed to have them roasted in some sort of orange juice concoction and the whole thing was way too sweet for me. I don’t mind that recipe now, but I still am not a huge fan of it.
But this is not your mushy, overly sweet cooked carrots recipe of yore. This is a spin off of my husband’s Nanou’s legendary Garlic Green Beans aka the way to make anyone love green beans. Think about it: anything tastes way better if you saute it in butter.
Fresh minced garlic adds the most delicious flavor to the butter and it’s finished with freshly chopped parsley to add a delicious freshness that elevates this dish to one that you’d be proud to contribute to any holiday table (but still easy enough to throw together for your weeknight dinners).
Tips for making sautéed carrots
- You can precook these by boiling for 2-3 minutes. I prefer to steam them in the microwave for 3-5 minutes to begin cooking while the garlic begins to saute.
- Keep a close eye on the garlic because burnt garlic will ruin any recipe, adding a bitter flavor. If the garlic burns, wash the pan out and start over again.
- Prepare the ingredients in advance, as this comes together pretty quickly once you get started.
How long do you saute carrots?
For around 10 minutes.
How long do cooked carrots last?
Around 3-5 days covered in the refrigerator.
Ingredients for garlic butter glazed carrots
- Baby carrots
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh parsley
How to cook carrots in butter
- Place a couple Tablespoons of water in the bottom of a microwave safe bowl along with the carrots and cover it.
- Microwave for 3-5 minutes to soften (depending on thickness).
- While the carrots cook, melt butter and olive oil together in a large saute pan.
- Add minced garlic to the pan and begin sautéing.
- Drain carrots and add them to the pan.
- Saute for around 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss with fresh parley.
- Serve immediately.
Discover the secret to hosting Thanksgiving without all the stress! Prepsgiving is your FREE guide to making a delicious Thanksgiving feast the easy way.
Cooked carrots don't have to be sugary sweet! Try these easy Garlic Butter Carrots. They're sautéed with a savory mix of butter and garlic and finished with fresh parsley for a simple side dish that's sure to please!
- 1 16 ounce bag baby carrots
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic
- kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Place a the carrots and a splash of water in a microwave safe bowl and cover.
Microwave for 3-5 minutes to soften the carrots slightly (depending on thickness).
While the carrots cook, melt butter and olive oil together in a large saute pan over medium heat.
Add minced garlic to the pan and saute stirring frequently (be careful not to burn the garlic) for 2 minutes.
Drain carrots and add them to the pan.
Saute for around 10 minutes, stirring often.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss with fresh parley.
If you'd rather not use a microwave, you can also boil the carrots for 2-3 minutes.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @thelifejolie so I can share it <3
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!