Meet Savory Sauteed Green Beans with Mushrooms, Shallots and Pancetta: your new go-to green beans recipe.
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
These green beans are going to rock your world.
I know that sounds insane. Green beans. Rocking worlds. Bear with me here. As far as green bean recipes go, this is going to be your new go-to. And if you know me you know that it’s hard for me to say that any green bean recipe that is on the same level as Nanou’s Garlic Green Beans (which are amazing!). But I would say these two green beans recipes are definitely my two go-to’s! This is my mom’s recipe- she’s awesome!
One thing I really love about this particular recipe is the really savory flavor. The combo of the pancetta (you can also substitute bacon if pancetta isn’t available) and the mushrooms adds that savory goodness. Even J, which does not like mushrooms happily ate these (pushing the mushrooms to the side of course) because of the great flavor that they provided.
Cooking fresh green beans is an excellent addition to any meal. They’re quick and easy enough to serve alongside any weeknight dinner and make your veggies a little more enjoyable. But they’re also special enough to be the perfect addition to a dinner party or holiday feast.
I typically blanch them in a pot of boiling water and then saute everything in a large saute pan. You can even blanch the green beans in advance, just put them in an ice bath to stop the cooking process and store in your fridge.
I left the seasonings to taste because we all have different tastes in our seasoning levels. That’s a big part of most of my recipes, but especially this one: tasting as you go! First of all, I’m always looking for an excuse to taste my food. But it’s the absolute best way to makes sure it all tastes fantastic.
Meet Savory Sauteed Green Beans with Mushrooms, Shallots and Pancetta: your new go-to green beans recipe. These green beans are going to rock your world!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
Yields 4-6 servings
- 16 ounces green beans, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces diced pancetta (or bacon if pancetta is not available)
- 1 cup finely diced shallots
- 6 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the green beans and boil for around 4-5 minutes.
- Drain and plunge the green beans into an ice water bath to stop the cooking process.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan on over medium high heat.
- Add the pancetta to the pan and saute until brown, around 5 minutes stirring often. Remove from pan.
- Add shallots and mushrooms to the pan.
- Saute for 5 minutes until softened, stirring often.
- Add green beans to the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste, stirring to mix.
- Add the pancetta back into the pan and saute another 2-3 minutes to heat everything through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
The reheat pretty well in a saute pan.
My other favorite green beans recipe is this one:
I also love this green bean recipe:
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!