This One Pot Balsamic Chicken Recipe is one of the most quick and easy weeknight dinner recipes around! It’s also great for meal prep!!
This post contains Affiliate Links. For more information please see the disclaimer here.
Balsamic Chicken Recipe
Is it just me or have you guys noticed that once we get into back-to-school time life feels even busier? My kids aren't even in real school yet, but it still feels that way. It's times like these that one pot meals are a Godsend!
I'm not sure I know anyone who actually likes doing dishes and when I can find a recipe that has the glorious combo of minimal dishes and super quick turnaround time, you can bet that I make a point to give it a try and add it into our rotation. Enter: Balsamic Chicken.
What is Balsamic Glazed Chicken?
This healthy meal takes one pot cooking to a delicious new level. Tender, juicy chicken breast cooked to perfection. Add in crunch green beans and red peppers, savory mushrooms and a killer balsamic vinegar sauce and you've got a meal the whole family will love!
This dish is full of fantastic flavor- the zing of the balsamic mellows out a bit when it mixes with the savory flavor of the chicken and other seasonings (along with a tiny bit of sugar for balance). The veggies cook up beautifully and the chicken ends up being perfectly cooked.
Tips for making Balsamic Chicken Breast
- Don't be afraid to prep this ahead of time. This could include trimming the chicken, cutting the vegetables and even mixing the balsamic sauce. This will make it even easy to throw together.
- Use a pan that is oven-safe. I'm a huge fan of my Le Creuset Braiser. It's the perfect size for a one pot meal, transfers easily from stovetop to oven and cleans really easily.
- This also makes an awesome meal prep. After I photographed this, I brought it to work that week to eat for lunches for a few days and it reheated pretty well. I really felt good about the fact that it was on the healthier side without sacrificing great taste. Boom! Balsamic Vinegar Chicken meal prep!
- When I make this for my family, I often serve it over rice because they want a starch with it. We love to pour the sauce over the rice!
- Large saute pan
- Wooden spoon
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
One Pot Balsamic Chicken Recipe
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ½ cups green beans, trimmed of the ends
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken breasts for 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- In a separate bowl whisk the balsamic vinegar, remaining oil, sugar, salt, black pepper, rosemary, oregano and garlic powder while the chicken is browning.
- Add the peppers, mushrooms and green beans to the pan and pour the balsamic vinegar mixture over everything. Stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, cover the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Uncover and transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions!
Other great weeknight one pot meal recipes include:
- Sweet and Spicy Shrimp and Snow Peas Stir Fry
- 20 Minute Taco Pasta
- 20 Minute Sheet Pan Lemon Dill Salmon and Asparagus
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!
Lindsay @ The Live-In Kitchen says
Jessy Freimann says
Crystal Faulkner says
Jessy Freimann says
Jessy Freimann says