Summer Bounty Strawberry Salad with Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette is a light and fresh lunch that’s as healthy as it is delicious!
Summer Bounty Strawberry Salad
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Now this Strawberry Salad recipe was actually inspired by a pre-made salad at Wegmans! Isn’t it crazy the places where we’re able to find inspiration? And I was a little skeptical at first. Mostly because the white cheddar felt like an odd addition. I expected to see feta cheese or even crumbly blue. But sometimes the unexpected things are what makes a recipe extra special and much more interesting to eat. That was certainly the case for this particular recipe, what I originally posted as one of my contributor posts at Easy Good Ideas.
Another thing that really takes this from being a good strawberry chicken salad to a great one is the fresh strawberry vinaigrette. Just as the name implies, it’s made with fresh strawberries that are pureed using my mini prep processor (which is by far one of my favorite kitchen tools to make chop and puree things super quickly!). This strawberry vinaigrette recipe would be seriously great on any summer salad, and it really brings all the other flavors together in this one!
This is a super awesome way to use up leftover grilled chicken (which is exactly what you’ll see in my photos- last night’s chicken dinner!) and makes a super light, fresh lunch or dinner.
Tips for making this Strawberry Salad and Strawberry Vinaigrette Recipe
- This is an excellent make ahead option and is also a great meal prep for lunches. Just be sure to keep the vinaigrette separate and store the salads and the dressing in air tight containers in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat.
- One way or another, I prefer to at least make the chicken ahead and serve it over the salad cold. Better yet, this is a great way to repurpose leftover chicken from last night’s dinner!
- Although I think this unconventional flavor combo is fantastic, if you’re not into certain ingredients feel free to change them up to your liking.
Summer Bounty Strawberry Salad with Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette is a light and fresh lunch that's as healthy as it is delicious!
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup mild white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 Tablespoons dried cherries
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Whisk well until fully combined and set aside (you will likely have to whisk it once more before dressing the salad as it may separate).
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Give the vinaigrette a quick whisk and drizzle over the salad.
Toss until everything is mixed together and lightly coated in the dressing.
Divide the salad between two large bowls and serve immediately.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions!
Looking for some other delicious salad recipes?
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!