This cheesy Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread is an easy recipe for game day! A loaf of bread stuffed with jalapenos, cheese and bacon; it's super quick to throw together and is sure to be a hit at your next Superbowl Party!
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Note: This post is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by the National Football League (NFL) or any of its teams. All opinions and views expressed on our blogs are our own, not that of the NFL and/or any of its 32 teams. Any team names, logos or other symbols referenced are properties of their respective organizations. We are just big fans — and we want to share our love for our teams, the game and the food that brings us all together on game day.
It's been a while since we talked football, hasn't it? Game day took a back seat to holiday cheer, but now it's January and playoffs are upon us. As we approach Super Bowl Sunday, the excitement is building for football fans.
This is certainly the case in our home, especially for my husband. Although his beloved Bills are not in the playoffs, the joy of following along and seeing how it all shakes out is not lost on him.
And while it's always interesting to chat about who's playing who and which team could clinch a spot, that excitement is totally eclipsed by my excitement over planning game day food. I mean, hello! Think about who you're talking to right now!
I love a good Superbowl party. There's always fun people to hang with, excellent commercials to laugh at, often bad halftime performances to make fun of (I'm looking at you, Left Shark!). And without fail there is always a plethora of fantastically naughty junk food for me to eat way too much of!
Last year was a little bit exhausting because I was all sorts of pregnant and A was at an age where she was toddling around enough that she could walk everywhere, but still didn't get around well enough that we could trust her with the stairs. And the party was at a split level home similar to ours, which means lots of stairs.
This year, A gets around just fine with the stairs but we'll have the addition of T crawling everywhere and her endless fascination with attempting to climb/tumble down the stairs. So probably no more relaxing than last year, but I will make time to eat all the things!
S here it is, part three of that collaboration and there are SO many amazing recipes for you to make while you enjoy the excitement of playoffs and prepare for Superbowl Sunday!
My contribution to this mix is a Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread. It's pretty quick and easy to throw together and pop into the oven. And you're rewarded with cheesy, delicious bread with spicy jalapenos and smoky bacon.
I love throw-together appetizers like this. A few basic steps and a little bit of baking and you're good to go. You can even assemble it in advance and bake it right before you're ready to serve it.
Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- 1 loaf of sour dough bread
- 5 Tbsp. of butter melted
- 1 Tbsp. of ranch seasoning
- ½ of chopped jalapeno peppers seeds removed (if you want it extra spicy, leave the seeds)
- ¾ cup of crumbled bacon
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese divided in half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make slices into the bread about 1 ½ inches apart and then do it in the other direction as well. This should look almost like a grid with the bread squared off into pieces. Make sure you don't slice all the way through!
- Mix the melted butter with the ranch seasoning and pour it into the bread, making sure to get it between all the pieces.
- Put half of the cheese between all the pieces of bread and push it down.
- Next push the bacon between the pieces of bread followed by the jalapeno peppers.
- Finish by topping with the remaining cheese and pick up any pieces of bacon and jalapenos that fell out while you were stuffing it and sprinkle them on top.
- Tent it with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 10 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don't forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!