Cadbury Creme Egg Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats are a super fun Easter treat that kids and adults will go crazy for- especially when they see the delicious surprise inside!
Cadbury Creem Egg Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
So you guys know that I love to get creating with the original Rice Krispie Treats recipe. What can I say, we all love them in this house! My husband and kids have quite the sweet tooth. So as you can imagine, they all really enjoy all the Easter candy that’s out there on the market.
So I got this idea on day when we were at the store and J got all excited to get the girls Cadbury Creme Eggs. I have to admit, those aren’t my favorite Easter candy, they’re a little sweet for me. But pretty much everyone I know loves them. So I thought, why not combine a few of their favorite things: Cadbury Creme Eggs and Rice Krispie Treats?
Helpful tips for making Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treats:
- I wrote the recipe out for you to divide the ingredients into thirds to give you three different colored eggs. Go through and make the eggs one color at a time instead of heating everything at once. This will make the Rice Krispie Treat recipe easier to work with.
- Prep everything in advance, including removing the wrappers from the Cadbury Creme Eggs before starting.
- Use Jumbo plastic Easter eggs as a mold to make life easier. Wash them well first and let them dry fully.
- You’ll use a couple tablespoons of the Rice Krispies mixture in each plastic Easter egg half, which you’ll press in and mold up with the sides.
- It helps to keep a wet paper towel nearby to wipe your fingers between eggs because they get sticky and make it harder to work with the Rice Krispies mixture.
- Once you put the the Cadbury Creme Egg into the plastic Easter egg half, take a little more of the Rice Krispies mixture and build it up a little more around the edges.
Helpful tools for Rice Krispie Treat Eggs:
Cadbury Cream Egg Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats are a super fun Easter treat that kids and adults will go crazy for- especially when they see the delicious surprise inside! Made with marshmallows and crispy rice cereal these are not to be missed!
20 minPrep Time
3 minCook Time
23 minTotal Time
Yields 18 eggs
- Cooking spray
- 4 heaping cups of mini marshmallows, divided into thirds
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter, divided into thirds
- 6 heaping cups Rice Krispies cereal, divided into thirds
- food coloring (in the colors of your choice)
- 18 Cadbury Creme Eggs, unwrapped
- Spray the inside of microwave safe bowls.
- Place 1 1/3 cups of mini marshmallows and 1 Tablespoon of butter into the bowls and nuke them for 1 minute on high power.
- Remove from the microwave and add some food coloring to the bowl (I did about 10 drops per bowl). Stir to mix well.
- Add 1/3 of the Rice Krispies to the colored melted marshmallows and mix until fully combined.
- Take a couple tablespoons of the mixture (eyeball it)and mold them into one of the halves of a plastic egg and pressing up the sides of it (it will stop just below the top).
- Take a couple more Tablespoons of the mixture and repeat with the other egg half.
- Place the slightly elongated end of a Cadbury Creme Egg into the slightly elongated half of the plastic Easter egg.
- Take a small amount more of the mixture and build it up around the egg so that it goes just above the flat edge of the plastic egg half.
- Take the other egg half and place it back onto the other half that has the Cadbury Creme Egg in it and push them into each other to form a whole easter egg.
- Open the plastic egg back up and carefully remove the Rice Krispie Treat egg from inside of it.
- Gently push the ends of the egg in to ensure that they're attached and check the sides to make sure there aren't any gaps. Fill in any gaps as needed.
- Repeat with two more batches of the mixture in the colors of your choice.
- Store in an air-tight container until your ready to serve.
These will last in an airtight container on your counter for up to a week. It helps to keep a wet paper towel nearby to wipe your fingers between eggs because they get sticky and make it harder to work with the Rice Krispies mixture.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions!
Other favorite Rice Krispie Treats recipes are:
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!