Blueberry Buckle whips up super quick and easy. This moist cake is bursting with sweet, juicy blueberries with the most incredible streusel topping. It's the quintessential summer dessert and a true crowd-pleaser!
This post contains Affiliate Links. For more information please see the disclaimer here.
I love blueberries. Seriously. They're so healthy and incredibly delicious. When I was a kid, I would eat them like they were going out of style. Some things never change, this is still the case.
While I'm normally quite frugal, I will pay big bucks to have them around to snack on. And one of my favorite ways to enjoy blueberries is in this Blueberry Buckle.
My sweet Grandma Eve has been whipping this up for as long as I can remember. Looking back, I can think of many a happy summer gatherings ending with this simple confection, on a warm night around my parents kitchen table. If I was lucky, my parents might even allow me to have a small second piece.
This is the quintessential summer dessert. It whips up super quickly, making it an excellent candidate for that last minute get together.
The end result is a moist, delicious cake, bursting with sweet, juicy blueberries with the most incredible streusel topping to add a bit of crunch. I like to enjoy this at all hours of the day, if it lasts that long! There's no shame in my cake-for-breakfast game!
Other great summer treats include:
- Boozy Gummy Bears
- Blueberry Buckle
- Peach Cobbler
- Strawberry Goat Cheese Tart
- Summer Berry Dessert Crostini
- Black Forest Ice Cream Pie
- Peppermint Ice Cream Pie
- S'mores Bars
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of softened margarine I used butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of milk
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- ½ tsp. of salt
- 1 cups of blueberries rinsed and well drained
STREUSEL TOPPING INGREDIENTS:
- ½ of a cup of sugar
- ⅓ of a cup of flour
- ½ of a tsp. of cinnamon
- ¼ of a cup of soft margarine I used butter
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9" x 9" square pan (I usually only grease it).
- Mix sugar, butter and egg thoroughly. Add milk and mix to combine.
- Whisk together dry ingredients and add to the sugar mixture. Mix until everything is well combined and stir in blueberries. The dough will be sticky (somewhere between a batter and a dough) and not seem wet enough but it is just as it's supposed to be, so don't add any more liquid!
- Spread the batter carefully to cover the bottom of the pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix all streusel ingredients thoroughly until it gets to be a crumbly consistency.
- Top the batter with the streusel topping and bake for 45-50 minutes or until your cake tester comes out clean. Serve warm (though this is also delicious once it has cooled!).
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don't forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
If Pinterest isn't your cup of tea, you can also bookmark this recipe.
Jenn @ Organized Home Organized School says
Thalia @ butter and brioche says