This Candied Pecans recipe is the best I’ve tasted! They make a tasty snack, or salad topper and are excellent homemade gifts as well!
There are certain textures that I tend to gravitate towards and others that I’m not sad to miss out on. Mushiness, for example, is a texture that I have very little love for. But I seriously love crunch. Potato chips. Dill pickles. French fries. Crispy foods that have a winning crunch are right in my wheelhouse.
So as you can imagine, Candied Pecans are also right in my wheelhouse. I mean what’s not to love about a crispy, sugary shell around a delicious pecan?
One thing I love about these is how easy they are to make. Prep time took a whopping five minutes of my time and then I let the oven work it’s magic. It really was that easy! I couldn’t be more excited to add this sugared pecans recipe to my go-to list. I have a big zipper bag of them hanging out in my pantry right now (though I can’t tell you how long they’ll last because I keep eating them!!).
Tips for how to make candied pecans
- Be sure to line your pan with parchment or a silicone pan liner to prevent sticking. If you’re still worried, you can also give the liner a light coat of cooking spray (although it shouldn’t need it).
- Make sure you whisk the egg white until it’s nice and foamy. If you’re not in the mood for arm day, you can always use a mixer with the whisk attachment, just make sure you don’t accidentally make meringue.
- I like to mix all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and after fully coating the pecans I sprinkle it on to them and toss it well. This way each pecan will have all the flavors on it.
- Make sure you turn them once halfway through the cooking process.
Frequently asked questions about making cinnamon roasted pecans
- How long do candied pecans last? These will last about a month at room temperature and even longer in the refrigerator.
- How do I store these? Keep them in an airtight container.
- Can I freeze candied pecans? Yes! For up to two months, although the pecans themselves may lose some of their flavor.
- Are candied pecans healthy? The pecans themselves are quite healthy, but the processed sugar is not. So you have a little bit of both sides in there.
- What can I do with candied pecans? This Candied Pecans recipe has so many delicious options for enjoying them. First of all, they’re excellent when you’re in the mood for a sweet snack! They would be a festive holiday salad topper as well. And while I’m on the topic of holidays, wouldn’t these be an easy homemade gift? I know I’d be thrilled to receive these sweet confections! These glazed pecans would also be a great addition to add a bit of crunch to baked goods like pies (spoiler alert: I use them as a pretty and delicious topper for my Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes!).
This Candied Pecans recipe is the best I've tasted! A few simple ingredients like brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt, vanilla and egg and then it's as easy as letting the oven do it's magic. They make a tasty snack, or salad topper and are excellent homemade gifts as well!
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups pecan halves, shelled
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat (you can also give it a quick spray of cooking spray, though you shouldn't have to).
Put the egg white into a mixing bowl and whisk until foamy.
Add the vanilla extract to the egg whites and whisk to combine. Set aside.
In small bowl mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until really well combined.
Add the pecans to the egg white mixture. Toss until evenly coated.
Pour the sugar mixture over the pecans and toss them again until they're evenly coated in the sugar mixture.
Spread the pecans onto your sheet pan in a single layer.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, turning once half way through.
Cool and serve or store in an airtight container.
I’m currently hosting a giveaway:
Details: In exchange for filling out a short survey, I’m giving away a chance to win one of two (2) $25 Amazon gift cards. This giveaway runs through 12/24/18. Winners will be contacted on or around 12/26/18.
How to enter: Fill out the below survey and include your name and email address (I will not spam you or even add you to a mailing list, it’s just to be able to contact the winners and send the gift card to them).
Terms and Conditions: There will be two (2) winners and each winner will receive one (1) $25 Amazon gift card. The winners will be notified on or around 12/26/18. This giveaway is only open to legal residents of the fifty United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, except anyone directly associated with The Life Jolie (sorry Justin!). This promotion is void outside the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited. One entry per person.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions!
Looking for some other holiday treats?
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!