This Chocolate Crinkle Cookies recipe is a holiday family favorite- they’re deliciously chewy, chocolate cookies that are super easy to make and a definite crowd-pleaser!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
I’m sure you’ve seen these before. I mean come on, we all have. These festively pretty chocolate cookies seem to be a mainstay on every holiday cookie plate, at least they do around here. And with good reason! These chocolate cookies are so perfectly chewy and delicious that no one can seem to resist them.
This chocolate crinkle cookie recipe is pretty difficult to screw up, even for those who aren’t the best bakers (like me!!). They fulfill everyone’s chewy-chocolaty-goodness-need beautifully which makes them a hot item on the cookie platter. While this makes a pretty good size batch, don’t plan on having any left. These little guys go fast!
Tips for making this Chocolate Crinkles
- My biggest piece of advice is to go slow and steady when melting your chocolate. Chocolate can be pretty temperamental to work with and if you melt it over too high heat it will seize up creating a clay like texture. The way to avoid this is to slowly melt it over lower heat. You can do this by chopping the chocolate and using a double boiler and stirring frequently or you can check out my post to learn how to melt chocolate in the microwave.
- Be sure to chill the cookie dough well before rolling the cookies. This will help prevent too much spreading and make them easier to roll.
- I like to make sure I give the dough balls a nice, thick coat of confectioner’s sugar before placing them on the pan.
- Once baked, the cookies should deflate a little as they cool, but still be soft and chewy.
Frequently asked questions about this chocolate crinkles recipe
- Can you freeze chocolate crinkle cookies? Yes, these freeze very well in an airtight container.
- How long do crinkle cookies last? They last around a week in an airtight container on your counter but for several months in the freezer.
- Mixing bowl
- Stand mixer or Hand mixer
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Sheet pan
This Chocolate Crinkle Cookies recipe is a holiday family favorite- they're deliciously chewy, chocolate cookies that are super easy to make and a definite crowd-pleaser!
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
In a large mixing bowl beat together oil, chocolate and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt and add to the wet ingredients.
Mix until just combined (don't over mix) and chill for at least a few hours (I chilled it overnight).
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cookie pans by either greasing them or lining with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
Roll teaspoons of dough into small balls and cover in confectioner's sugar. Bake for 10-12 minutes (don't over bake). Cool and serve.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @thelifejolie so I can share it <3
Other great cookie recipe are:
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!