This Garlic Shrimp with Lemon, Butter and Dill will knock your socks off. It’s full of insanely delicious flavor and extremely quick and easy to make!
Garlic Shrimp with Lemon, Butter and Dill
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
I am seriously excited to share this recipe with you guys today. My Aunt has been making this for years and we all go crazy over it. Sometimes she serves it as a main dish and other times it’s an appetizer. But every single time it’s makes it’s way to our family table, it goes fast. And with good reason.
Originally from the Silver Palate Cookbook, the recipe’s name is Spicy Shrimp. I’ve never really understood why it’s called this because it’s not spicy at all. We’re talking about more of a sautéed lemon garlic butter shrimp dish but made even more delicious with minced shallots and plenty of chopped fresh dill. Although, I’m pretty sure I already had you at buttered shrimp!
This is full of absolutely delicious flavor and everyone who tries it cannot get enough of it. The original recipe calls for it to be chilled for a few hours and served cold but it really is awesome wither way. It’s always nice to have the option of a tasty, make-ahead recipe, especially if you’re entertaining!
Tips for making lemon garlic butter shrimp with dill
- Buy the shrimp peeled and deveined, including the tails. Less work for you!
- Use fresh dill. In general fresh herbs are always preferable. But especially for this recipe, the fresh dill really shines.
- Don’t overcook the shrimp. It can be really easy to do this, but I encourage you to keep a close eye on it and remove the lemon shrimp when it is just cooked.
- If you’re cooking for a crowd, make a double batch. Trust me on this, these go fast at a party.
- Taste it when it’s done for seasoning. And add salt and pepper to your taste.
Helpful tools for making lemon garlic shrimp with dill:
This Garlic Shrimp with Lemon, Butter and Dill will knock your socks off. Originally called Spicy Shrimp, it's not actually spicy but still full of insanely delicious flavor and extremely quick and easy to make!
- 1 3/4 pounds large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 2 Tablespoons shallots, finely minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and melt the butter and olive oil together.
Add garlic and shallots to the pan and cook for around two minutes, stirring often (don't let them brown).
Add the shrimp to the pan and increase the heat slightly. Cook for around 3-4 minutes, turning once until just done to taste (the shrimp will turn pink).
Add salt and pepper to taste and toss to combine.
Remove shrimp to a bowl and scrape all sauce into the bowl as well.
Add lemon juice and dill to the bowl and mix well
Serve immediately or refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving chilled.
This can be an appetizer for 4-6 people or an entree for 2-4 people.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions!
Here are some of my other favorite shrimp recipes:
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!