Chocolate Dipped Almond Shortbread Cookies: the buttery, crumbly shortbread texture we all love, dipped in decadent dark chocolate.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Eight O’Clock Coffee. All opinions are 100% mine.
One of the things I do every morning, is make myself a nice, big cup of coffee. It wasn't until the last five years that I really began enjoying coffee in the morning, but at this point I have no idea how I ever went without it.
There's something so cozy about that first cup of coffee that really just makes my heart smile. It's delicious and so comforting and I feel like my day gets off to a great start because of it. I'm sure the caffeine helps as well!
I try not to consume too much caffeine, but once in a while I like to treat myself to a nice cup of coffee along with a sweet snack in the afternoon. It's pretty much the best pick-me-up ever! I think this is what they refer to as "self care" but either way, it's my favorite way to treat myself.
I typically stick to my usual combination of hazelnut coffee with a little bit of heavy cream and way too much sugar. But when I found out about the new Eight O’Clock Coffee Infusions, I had to give them a try. This is pretty much the most brilliant thing ever: they've taken the great coffee we all know and love and enhanced it by adding different ingredients to give you what you need, when you need it.
I got to taste all of them, and I really enjoyed each and every single one. I seriously couldn't decide on a favorite, so I switch them out whenever I'm craving some coffee based on my mood and what I feel like I need. You can buy online or in-store- here's a $1 off coupon.
And speaking of an afternoon pick-me-up, I threw together a delicious batch of cookies to enjoy with my coffee. I'm a huge lover of shortbread cookies. They have the most perfectly buttery texture and crumb. Flavored with almond extract and slivered almonds, these cookies are a nice treat without being overly sweet.
The dough actually needs to set in the refrigerator which makes this the perfect make-ahead option. You can even freeze the logs and thaw them for a great slice and bake option whenever the mood strikes.
But of course, I couldn't just leave them well enough alone. I decided to kick them up a notch by dunking them into melted dark chocolate to cover half of them. Sure, they're excellent on their own. But a little bit of rich, chocolaty decadence will totally brighten your day!
Chocolate Dipped Almond Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup salted butter softened- 2 sticks
- ⅔ cup confectioners sugar sifted
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips optional
- Cream the butter until smooth and then mix in the sugar until fully combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the flour which will be added add slowly until everything is just combined. The mixture will look a little "crumbly"; this is ok.
- On a wax paper covered surface, form two logs with your dough, around 1 ¼ inches thick. Wrap them in wax paper.
- Chill the dough logs in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Unwrap the dough logs and slice to a desired thickness (I did around ⅓ of an inch) and place the slices on a baking pan lined with parchment or silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until they are just barely brown along the edges.
- If you want- dip these into melted chocolate (you can melt in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds or with a double boiler over low heat stirring often).
Another favorite recipe is this cookie recipe:
I also love these cookies:
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don't forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn't your style, bookmark this post!
Let's keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!