Need a good, meatless dinner or appetizer? This Roasted Vegetable Flatbread delivers! It’s super easy to throw together and tastes fantastic.
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Check out some of my other flatbread recipes:
Roasted Vegetable Flatbread
A million years ago, I worked at the Cheesecake Factory. One of the pizzas they had on he menu back then, was a Veggie Goat Cheese pizza and it was so good! That item has been off the menu for a while now, but I still think about it, so I knew I had to make my own variation!
To keep things quick and simple I opted to make this using flatbread instead of traditional pizza dough. Flatbread pizza takes all the work out of making pizzas without sacrificing any of the delicious flavor. The veggies roast up pretty quickly and once you assemble the pizza, it bakes even quicker. This leaves you with a killer meatless option that will have your family fighting for seconds!
Tips for making flatbread pizza
- Try to cut the vegetables to around the same size for even roasting.
- While the veggies are roasting you can slice the olives, cut the artichoke hearts into smaller pieces and prepare the cheeses. I buy the artichokes already quartered but like the cut them to be a bit smaller.
- My local grocery store makes a killer garlic naan, but this also tastes fantastic with plain naan as well.
What is flatbread?
Basically, flatbread is unleavened bread. While you can make your own flatbread recipe from scratch, I prefer to use pre-made naan which is an Indian variation of this.
What is flatbread used for?
You can eat it plain, use it for dips and also like traditional bread, like sandwiches. Or like this recipe, use it as a crust for pizza.
Can I roast the veggies ahead of time?
Yes! You can do assemble the pizzas up to a day ahead of time and then bake them just before serving. Be aware you may need to add 5-10 minutes to the baking time to make sure they’re heated through.
How long does leftover flatbread pizza last?
Up to 3 days covered in the refrigerator.
Ingredients for making this flatbread pizza recipe
- Bell pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic naan
- Pesto sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Kalamata olives
- Artichoke hearts
- Goat cheese
How to make flatbread pizza
- Season the vegetables with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning and roast them in the oven.
- During the last 5 minutes of the veggies roasting time, I like to add the naan to the oven to begin warming it.
- Once the baking time is up, remove the veggies and the naan and reduce the heat to 375 degrees.
- Assemble the pizzas. Start by spreading your favorite pesto sauce onto the naan.
- Top with mozzarella cheese, the roasted vegetables, olives, artichoke hearts and goat cheese.
- Return the pizzas to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes and then slice and serve immediately.
- 1/3 cup onion chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 2 pieces garlic naan or plain
- 3 Tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives sliced
- 1/4 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts halved
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled (you can also use feta if you'd prefer)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 2 sheet pans with parchment.
In a large bowl, toss the onions, peppers and cherry tomatoes with olive oil.
Season them to taste with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Toss to evenly coat and pour onto one of the sheet pans in a single layer.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Place 2 pieces of naan onto the other pan. Add this to the oven during the last 5 minutes of the vegetables bake time.
When the bake time is up, remove the vegetables and the naan from the oven and reduce the temperature to 375 degrees.
Divide the pesto sauce between the two pieces of naan and spread evenly over the top of them.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top of them and sprinkle with the roasted vegetables, olives, artichoke hearts and goat cheese.
Return the pizzas to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Slice and serve immediately.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @thelifejolie so I can share it <3
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!