This Easiest Ever Hot Artichoke Dip will knock your socks off! It’s beyond easy to make and full of delicious flavor!
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
This dip often shows up at family gathering. It’s one of my Grandma Eve’s go-to dips and for very good reason. It’s insanely easy to make and uses minimal ingredients. And of course it tastes so delicious with tortilla chips. So the Easiest Ever title truly fits here!
This Hot Artichoke Dip is also an excellent alternative to Spinach and Artichoke dip, since it doesn’t include spinach. Don’t get me wrong, I love spinach. But it’s nice to have something different once in a while, especially if you have family or friends who don’t like spinach.
I love that there’s a little bit of lemon to brighten up the entire dip. Garlic powder and plenty of grated Romano or Parmesan cheese add the most delicious and savory flavors. The original recipe calls for 2 bags of frozen artichoke hearts but if those aren’t available near you, you can always substitute with five 14.5 oz. cans of artichokes. I learned with my Grandma’s Baked Artichoke Hearts (my other Grandma wrote that recipe- Rosie) that frozen artichokes aren’t too widely available, which is such a bummer.
I also love that you can assemble this in advance in an 8 or 9 inch pan and then bake it just before serving. It’s helpful to have a food processor to quickly chop up the artichoke hearts but I prefer to use my mini prep processor. We usually serve it with tortilla chips but I bet it would be fantastic with pita chips too (like my Everything Pita Chips!). It also reheats really well in the microwave or oven.
So the next time you need a dish to pass, give this Hot Artichoke Dip a try. It’s a great option for the holidays and fits perfectly into your game day celebrations as well.
This Easiest Ever Hot Artichoke Dip is a delicious and very easy recipe. A few ingredients mixed together and baked, its the best cheesy dip to bring to a party!
10 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- Cooking spray
- 2 bags frozen artichoke hearts (or 5 14.5 ounce cans, well drained), thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8 or 9 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Using a mini prep processor or food processor, roughly chop the artichoke hearts.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, garlic powder, cheese, and lemon juice.
- Once the mixture is well combined, place it in the baking pan and spread it into one even layer.
- Bake for around 35 minutes or until heather through.
- If you want a little brown on top you can pop it under the broiler, but keep a close eye on it.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Feel free to assemble this up to a few days ahead and bake before serving.
Make it a meal!
A few great recipes to round out and complete this meal are:
- Clams Casino
- Shrimp with Pesto and Prosciutto
- Smothered Pork Tenderloin in Apple Cider Gravy
- Cheddar and Broccoli Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Asparagus and Leek Tart
- Quick and Easy Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Slice and Bake Cookies
Another favorite hot dip is:
I also love this hot dip:
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!