Grilled Shrimp Tacos are about to be your new favorite summertime dinner recipe! They're quick and easy to make with flavor that will keep you coming back for more.
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Raise your hand if you love Taco Tuesday! **raises both hands as high as possible** I feel like tacos are a universally loved food, and it makes sense. They offer the ability to customize it exactly to your tastes and are also pretty fun to eat! So today we're going the shrimp route!
I've been meaning to put up an easy shrimp tacos recipe for a long time, and since it's summer, grilled shrimp tacos seemed like a natural next step. I love how fast the shrimp cooks and in general how quickly these come together. This is a light and delicious meal the whole family will love!
Tips for how to make shrimp tacos
- I keep it super simple with a marinade of fresh lime juice, taco seasoning and a little olive oil.
- Seafood doesn't require a super long marinating time, 20 minutes or less is perfect!
- I encourage you to use skewers to make turning the shrimp easier. I personally double up my skewers to keep the shrimp in place.
- Be sure to grease your grill well- I use cooking spray.
- Keep an eye on the shrimp, they go fast!
- For added deliciousness, char the tortillas slightly.
What is the best shrimp taco seasoning?
I personally use taco seasoning packets that are premixed to keep things simple. But be sure you only use half of it, unless you're doubling the recipe.
Can I use frozen shrimp?
Sure! Just thaw it (this will only take 15 minutes in a bowl of cold water, just be sure to drain them well before marinating).
How to tell when shrimp are done cooking?
The shrimp will turn pink and firm up. Just be sure you don't overcook them, as they get a little rubbery (the optimal internal temperature is 145 degrees).
What do you put on shrimp tacos?
I like to top these with my Pineapple Salsa as well as avocado cream sauce which makes a fantastic cool and creamy shrimp taco sauce! And of course, some lime wedges.
How long do shrimp tacos last?
If you have any leftovers, pack each component separately in air tight containers and refrigerate- they'll last for 2-3 days.
Ingredients for making this Shrimp Taco Recipe
- Lime juice
- Olive oil
- Taco seasoning
- Flour tortillas (or corn tortillas)
- Pineapple Salsa
- Sour cream
- Kosher salt
Ingredients to prep ahead:
- Make Pineapple Salsa
- Thaw shrimp
Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- 1 lime, + extra for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ packet taco seasoning
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- Cooking spray
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Pineapple salsa
Avocado cream sauce
- 1 whole ripe avocado, peeled and pit removed
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
- 1 ½ lime juice
- 1 generous pinch kosher salt
- 1 small handful cilantro
- Mix olive oil, juice of 1 lime and taco seasoning and toss with shrimp.
- Let sit for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Spray grill with cooking spray and heat to medium (around 375 degrees). While grill heats, place shrimp on skewers (I use two skewers so that the shrimp don't turn when flipping).
- Place shrimp skewers on the grill and cook until cooked through and light pink turning once, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from the grill and cool for a moment or two.
- Assemble tacos by starting with tortillas. Top with shrimp, pineapple salsa and avocado cream sauce and serve immediately.
Avocado cream sauce
- Place all ingredients in the mini prep processor or food processor.
- Process until well combined and creamy.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make it please tag me on Instagram with @thelifejolie so I can share it <3
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!