This Crescent Roll Pizza Braid is the perfect appetizer to bring to a gathering or game day party! This easy recipe comes together quickly and you can add whatever fillings you’d prefer.
Tips for making this Crescent Roll Pizza Recipe
- If a crescent roll sheet isn’t available you can totally use crescent rolls- carefully unroll crescent dough and leave them in a rectangle. Use a rolling pin to roll them together so that they’re one sheet. And make sure to be extra careful when braiding the dough.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment for easy clean up and to prevent sticking.
- When cutting the crescent dough strips, you can use a pizza wheel or a knife.
- I add spoonfuls of pizza sauce all the way down the center of the dough and then use the back of my spoon to spread it evenly.
- For the topping I melt butter and mix in Italian seasoning and Romano or Parmesan cheeses for an extra pop of flavor.
- Don’t cut the bake time short, you want to make sure all the dough is baked through!
- I like to serve this with extra sauce for dipping.
Can you use other cheeses?
While I prefer mozzarella cheese for best results, you can totally switch it up if you prefer.
What are some of your other favorite toppings to use?
While I enjoy it with cheese and pepperoni, any other of your favorite pizza toppings will works- cooked sausage, peppers, onions, olives, mushrooms- even pineapples (I said what I said!).
How long do you cook crescent roll pizza?
Shoot for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Can I make this ahead?
I’d encourage you to assemble ahead and bake just before serving.
Does it have to be served warm?
I prefer to serve it warm, but it’s also tasty at room temperature.
Ingredients for making crescent pizza
- Crescent roll dough
- Pizza sauce (try my easy Pizza Sauce Recipe)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Romano or Parmesan cheese
This Crescent Roll Pizza Braid is the perfect appetizer to bring to a gathering or game day party! This easy recipe comes together quickly and you can add whatever fillings you'd prefer.
- 1 crescent roll sheet (or package of crescent rolls- use a rolling pin to roll them out and adhere together into a rectangular sheet on a piece of parchment.
- 5 Tablespoons pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Romano or Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment.
Place the crescent sheet onto the parchment paper and roll it slightly to flatten (you don't want it too thin).
Using a pizza wheel or knife, cut strips about 1 1/2 inches into each side, leaving around 3-4 inches of dough uncut on the inside.
Place spoonfuls of pizza sauce down the center of the dough.
Top with mozzarella.
Top with pepperoni in a single layer.
Take the strips and fold them over each other, pressing lightly in the middle to create the braid.
Fold the ends in to hold in the filling.
In a small bowl, mix melted butter, Italian seasoning and Romano or Parmesan cheese until well combined. Brush onto the top of the braid.
Bake for around 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve immediately or refrigerate and reheat when ready to serve.
Be sure you don't under-bake!
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions!
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!