Transport yourself back to your childhood with warm, delicious banana bread, like my Grandma used to make. With just a few simple ingredients, this easy banana bread recipe will become a family staple!
Banana Bread Recipe
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Some foods bring you back to your childhood when you eat them. My Grandma Eve’s banana bread makes me think of a chilly Saturday morning sitting at my parents kitchen table with a blanket and a cup of cocoa to keep warm.
I’ve eaten a lot of banana bread recipes in my time and I’m not just being biased when I say that this is by far the most moist, delicious, best banana bread recipe that I’ve ever tasted.
Try these other banana recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
- Grandma's Best Banana Cake Recipe
- Strawberry Banana Split Cake
- Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies
Tips for how to make banana bread
- Disposable loaf pans will work, but I recommend that you have a couple good loaf pans to bake this in.
- Sift the dry ingredients before mixing with the wet ingredients
- This bread is delicious alone, or topped with butter or cream cheese.
- This easy banana bread recipe splits well between two loaf pans, so you have one to eat and one to give.
- Kick the decadence up a notch by adding chocolate chips or walnuts
Frequently asked questions about making easy banana bread
- Can you freeze bananas? Absolutely! Throw your overripe bananas into the freezer and thaw them whenever you’re ready to bake.
- Can you freeze this bread? Yes, this moist banana bread recipe freezes very well, which I found out in the last couple months of pregnancy (when I was baking loaves of this each weekend while I waited for A to arrive)!
- What's the best way to store banana bread? I recommend you store it in an airtight container. Some people use plastic cling wrap or refrigerate it, but I find it keeps best on a cool part of the countertop.
Make it a meal!
A few great recipes to round out and complete this meal would be:
Banana Bread Recipe
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup softened butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup buttermilk (you can always whisk a couple tablespoons of lemon juice or white vinegar with milk if you don't have buttermilk on hand)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed (⅓ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 2 loaf pans.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground nutmeg into a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, butter, buttermilk and sugar until smooth. Add bananas and continue mixing until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake for 45 minutes or until your cake tester comes out clean. Enjoy!
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @thelifejolie so I can share it <3
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!