Pesto Tortellini Salad is the easiest pasta salad you’ll make! Throw this quick and delicious pasta salad together in minutes and wow your friends and family!
Pesto Tortellini Salad
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Check out some of my other pasta salad recipes:
Pasta Salad season is upon us and I’m here for it! Although, I also believe that it doesn’t have to be summer to enjoy a cold pasta salad. I’ll happily eat it all year around! And this one is crazy easy!
Tortellini pasta is a total upgrade to other traditional unstuffed pasta varieties. Cherry tomatoes add a fantastic sweetness. Bocconcini (baby fresh mozzarella balls) bring the perfect creaminess. Black olives and marinated artichoke hearts add a subtle brininess without being overbearing. And of course, your favorite jarred pesto sauce adds the best touch of summer, no matter what the season (this is a pesto pasta salad, after all!).
Tips for making this tortellini pasta salad recipe
- After you boil the tortellini, cool it completely. Either boil it in advance store in the refrigerator or after draining, plunge it into an ice water bath to quickly cool and then drain again.
- I like to keep some extra pesto on hand in case the tortellini absorbs too much of it and the salad dries out (which can happen with any pasta salad recipes. I prefer to slice the olives, cut the bocconcini balls, quartered artichoke hearts and the tomatoes in half. But if you’re in a rush, you can leave them whole.
- This is best served cold. I like to chill before serving but you don’t have to.
Frequently ask questions about making this easy pasta salad
- How long does tortellini salad last? 4-5 days covered in the refrigerator.
- Can I make tortellini salad ahead of time? Yes, just make sure you have some extra pesto on hand in case it absorbs the pesto and you need more.
- What if I can’t find bocconcini? You can always get regular-size ball or two of fresh mozzarella and cut it into bite-size pieces.
- Can I use homemade pesto? Yes- that’s exactly why I measured it in cups instead of by jars.
Make it a meal!
A few great recipes to round out and complete this meal would be:
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Drumsticks
- Crunchy Red Cabbage Salad
- Balsamic Grilled Asparagus
- Black Cherry Lemonade Bourbon Slush
- Raspberry Lemon Icebox Pie
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Dutch oven
- Wooden spoon
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
Pesto Tortellini Salad is the easiest pasta salad you'll make! Throw this quick and delicious pasta salad together in minutes and wow your friends and family!
- 20 ounces tortellini pasta, boiled as per package directions and cooled completely
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 14 ounce can black olives, sliced
- 1 14 ounce can quartered marinated artichoke hearts, halved
- 1 8 ounce container bocconcini (or regular fresh mozzarella cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups pesto sauce + a little extra in case the salad dries out
Toss all ingredients until well combined.
Refrigerate until serving (at least an hour).
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @thelifejolie so I can share it <3
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!