Make this Blueberry Dump Cake Recipe for a seriously easy dessert that is sure to wow your friends and family. Just dump the ingredients and bake- you don’t even have to stir!
This recipe is part of my Dump it ’til it’s hot series of dump recipes. It’s all about making delicious food with minimal prep, no pre-cooking, the ability to freeze for a good make-ahead meal. And trust me when I say, easy never tasted so good!
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Other easy cake recipes include:
Blueberry Dump Cake Recipe
This is another hack from my Grandma’s cherry dump cake, which I’m sure I’ll share someday. Blueberry seemed super appropriate considering the season and the overall deliciousness factor (which is off the charts, by the way!).
A layer of blueberry pie filling brings that berry deliciousness we all know and love (and the lemon zest adds a subtle zing!). Walnuts add a great crunch and the butter melts into the cake mix, creating a crust that gives this a texture similar to that of a cobbler. Basically, the perfect fruit dessert!
Tips for making a dump cake
- Spray the pan with cooking spray to help avoid sticking.
- Be sure to layer everything evenly in the pan.
- Do NOT stir the ingredients- keep them layered. Trust me.
- Cut your butter into quarters and then cut the quarters into thirds. Line those thirds up evenly over the top of the cake mix and nuts. The butter melts into the cake mix to help give it a more cake-like texture.
- Check the cake once or twice during cooking and if the top is getting too dark, cover with foil.
Can I use fresh blueberries?
This recipe is designed to use canned blueberry pie filling because the syrup benefits the texture of the dessert.
How long does this dump cake last?
3-4 days covered on your counter.
Can you make dump cake ahead?
You can make it a day in advance. Make sure you let it cool completely before covering so that it doesn’t get soggy on top.
Do you refrigerate dump cakes?
You don’t have to but if you like it served cold, you can refrigerate it.
Can you freeze dump cake?
This is not a recipe that is freezer friendly.
What goes with dump cake?
You can totally add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and most desserts taste great with a nice cup of coffee.
Ingredients for blueberry dump cake
- Cooking spray
- Canned blueberry pie filling
- Lemon zest
- Vanilla cake mix
How to make dump cake
- Grease a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread the blueberry pie filling in an even layer along the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle lemon zest onto the blueberry pie filling.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over the blueberry pie filling.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the cake mix.
- Place the pats of butter evenly over the cake mix layer.
- Bake for an hour.
- Cool and serve!
Make this Blueberry Dump Cake Recipe for a seriously easy dessert that is sure to wow your friends and family. Just dump the ingredients and bake- you don't even have to stir!
- Cooking spray
- 2 20 ounce cans blueberry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (1 large lemon)
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 stick butter
Preheat the oven to 350 degreed and grease a 9" x 13" baking pan with cooking spray.
Spread the blueberry pie filling in an even layer along the bottom of the pan.
Sprinkle lemon zest onto the blueberry pie filling.
Sprinkle cake mix evenly over the blueberry pie filling.
Sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the cake mix.
Place the pats of butter evenly over the cake mix layer.
Bake for an hour, checking on it once or twice to make sure it's not getting too dark on top (if it is, cover it with foil- I didn't run into this issue).
Cool and serve.
Now that you know how to make this Blueberry Dump Cake Recipe, be sure to share it and tag @thelifejolie on Instagram and Facebook. And be sure to pin it to save for later or bookmark it!
Check out other Dump It ‘Til It’s Hot posts:
- Dump recipes main page
- My introduction post
- Best tools for prepping dump recipes
- Tips for making dump dinners
Be sure to subscribe to gain access to all the bonuses and recipe previews!
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!