This Buffalo Chex Mix recipe brings the crunchy goodness of Original Chex Mix but with a spicy Buffalo kick that we all love- it's down right addictive!
Buffalo Chex Mix
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Who loves Chex Mix, raise your hand (waves hands wildly in the air)?! I cant believe I had never made this before! My mom used to when I was a kid, but until now, I've always bought the bags of Original Chex Mix from the store.
I was craving some the other day so I figured I should throw it together, but I decided to give it a fun little twist. Since everyone loves Buffalo flavored foods, I figured a Buffalo Chex Mix would be a super tasty option! And let me just say, I was right!
Between the kick of spicy from the Buffalo Wing Sauce and the zesty flavor that the ranch seasoning brings, this Chex party mix is so good you won't be able to stop eating it! I used two varieties of Chex Cereal, pretzels, Cheezits and peanuts, which all add some fun flavor variety and a satisfying crunch. And it too me less than 10 minutes of hands-on time to throw this together!
Tips for making Homemade Chex Mix
- I tend to add all the liquid ingredients into the measuring cup and whisking in the seasoning right in the cup to prevent additional dishes.
- Be sure to stir the liquid mixture into the Chex Mix really well so that everything is evenly coated. It'll seem like there's not enough, but trust me, the flavor packs more of a punch than you'd expect.
- Make sure you use a nice, deep mixing bowl so you don't have too many pieces fall out of the bowl while you're stirring.
- I like to line two sheet pans with parchments (for easier clean up) and spread the Chex Mix out in a single layer on the pans to dry.
- These make an excellent holiday gift and would look super festive in a mason jar or a clear plastic gift bag with some ribbon tired around it and a gift tag! They're also a killer game day snack!
Frequently asked questions about making Buffalo Chex Mix
- What are the different things in Chex mix? For this recipes I use two varieties Chex cereal, pretzel sticks, peanuts and Cheezits. You can totally replace any of these items with a similarly sized snack item if you prefer.
- How long does homemade Chex mix last? Around 4-6 weeks in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Can you freeze this? Yes, it can be frozen in an airtight contain for 4-6 months.
- How long do you microwave Chex Mix? 6 minutes, stirring twice (so stirring every 2 minutes).
Buffalo Chex Mix recipe
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 1 cup Cheezits
- 1 cup Dry roasted peanuts
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- ⅓ cup Buffalo wing sauce (make sure it's wing sauce not hot sauce)
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning
- In a large bowl mix together both types of Chex cereal, pretzel sticks, Cheezits and peanuts until well combined. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a microwave (I did around d 45 seconds) and whisk it with the wing sauce and ranch seasoning until well combined.
- Pour half the wing sauce mixture over the Chex mixture and stir it all up. Pour the remaining mixture over Chex mixture and stir to lightly coat everything.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high. Remove the bowl and stir well.
- Microwave for another 2 minutes on high. Remove the bowl and stir well.
- Microwave for 2 more minutes on high. Remove the bowl and pour onto 2 parchment-line sheet pans to cool for 30-45 minutes.
- Once cooled give it a quick stir to break up and pieces that might be stuck together and store in an airtight container until serving.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @thelifejolie so I can share it <3
Other great Buffalo recipes are:
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!