These Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies have just the right amount of crunch while also being chewy- they're a hit with both kids and adults without all the hassle of having to bake them!
Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Are you ready for a deliciously crispy cookie without all the hassle of baking? Because if so, then today you've hit the jackpot! This actually worked out pretty perfectly because my friend Alli of the blog Tornadough Alli just wrote a fantastic cookbook and she has the most delicious and easy recipe for no bake cookies in there which I've decided to share with you.
Her book is called Untraditional Desserts: 100 Classic Treats with a Twist and is full of so many amazing recipes that I had a hard time choosing what to make first! Since a lot of my followers on Instagram have requested a delicious no bake cookie recipe, it was pretty easy to narrow it down. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies seemed like the perfect option!
I have to tell you- these no bake cookies were not only crazy easy to make, but the results were dangerously addictive and we all couldn't stop eating them! This is ideal for those of you who aren't really into baking, but still wants to make a cookie that everyone goes nuts over, and with minimal ingredients too!
Helpful tips for how to make no bake cookies
- Instead of dirtying up pans, clear some space and line your counter with parchment paper.
- When you're heating the sugar and corn syrup, be sure you don't go over medium heat. You don't want the mixture to boil, you just want to sugar to dissolve and combine.
- When I put the heaping Tablespoons of the cooke mixture onto the parchment, I gently press it together with my (clean) fingers.
- For some great tips on melting chocolate, check out this post on how to melt chocolate in the microwave.
- The get a nice thin drizzle, go slowly and hold the spoon higher in the air.
Frequently asked questions about chocolate no bake cookies
- How long do no bake cookies last? These were good for up to a week on your counter in an airtight container.
- Can I freeze these cookies? I'd probably stay away from freezing these as the texture may be altered.
- How long does it take these cookies to set? I let them set for 20 minutes and then I gave them another 15 minutes to let the chocolate drizzle set and they came out perfect!
- How many cookies does this recipe make? If you use large scoops you can get 24. I went with smaller scoops and got around 48.
Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- 6 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
- Line the counter with parchment paper and place the cornflakes in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine corn syrup and granulated sugar. Whisk together over medium heat until well combined and the sugar has dissolved, about 4 minutes. Do not boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the peanut butter until well combined.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cornflakes and stir together until the corn flakes are fully coated.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls on to the parchment paper and gently shape them with your fingers. Let them set for 30 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate chips and vegetable oil into a small bowl and microwave in 30 second increments stirring in between until smooth and melted.
- Lightly drizzle the melted chocolate over each cookie and let them sit for 15 minutes so the chocolate can set. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @thelifejolie so I can share it <3
Other delicious holiday cookies include:
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!