This Grilled Salmon Recipe with Summer Vegetable Relish will make you want to grill all year around- it's super quick and easy to make for a fresh dinner you'll love!
Grilled Salmon Recipe
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Check out some of my other salmon recipes:
Salmon is one of my absolute favorite fish. It's full of fantastic flavor and is so good for you! You probably figured that out, considering the excessive amount of salmon recipes not this site (not sorry). And I cannot tell you how thrilled I was when my kids discovered they love it too.
This was inspired by the gorgeous abundance of fresh produce that I see at the market in the late summer/early fall. We've been gobbling it up quickly around here, and I was just dying to throw it all on the grill and serve it over some salmon, so that's what I did!
Tips for how to grill salmon and veggies
- If you have a grill pan, I encourage you to use it (and grease it really well!). If not, you can also use well-greased heavy duty foil or just place the salmon on a (very) well grease grill, skin side down.
- There is no need to flip the salmon.
- Be sure to prep everything in advance as the grilling can go pretty fast, especially the vegetables!
- In terms of grilling your vegetables, you'll want to manage them and remove them in the order of what cook fastest. In this case it's tomatoes, zucchini, jalapeño pepper, corn and limes. I like to have a large clean plate available to remove them to as needed and then while the salmon finishing, I can chop the zucchini and cut the kernels off the corn to make the relish.
- I'm a big fan of tasting the relish and altering the the flavorings to your taste.
How do you season grilled salmon?
For this recipe I like to use olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder.
What variety of salmon is best to use?
Any fresh salmon at your local fish counter (or fish monger) will work, but my personal favorite is Sockeye Salmon as it has even more delicious flavor!
How long do you grill salmon?
It will depend on thickness of the salmon but around 15 minutes (give or take) until it reaches temp.
How do I know if my salmon is fully cooked?
The best way to tell us by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the salmon. The safe temperature for consuming fish is 145 degrees.
What's the best way to cut corn off the cob?
A trick I learned a million years ago is to place it vertically into the center part of a bundt pan. Cut downwards and away from yourself, being careful to also cut away from the hand holding the corn (place one hand at the top of the cob so you don't cut yourself). The kernels will fall right into the deep part of the bandit pan!
How long does grilled salmon last?
Up to 3 days if stored covered in the refrigerator. You can reheat in the oven or microwave.
Ingredients for making Grilled Salmon with Vegetable Relish
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Cherry tomatoes
- Jalapeño pepper
- Cooking spray
- Fresh cilantro
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
- Mixing bowl
- Grilling pan
- Grill tongs
- Meat thermometer
Grilled Salmon Recipe with Summer Vegetable Relish
- Cooking spray
- 1 large salmon filet (around 2 lb. a side of Salmon)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 limes, halved and divided
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt, divided
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced length-wise into quarters
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder divided
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Spray the grill with cooking spray and preheat the grill to medium.
- While the grill heats, spray a grill pan with cooking spray (or a large piece of heavy duty foil if you don't have a grill pan).
- Place the salmon onto the pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and the juice from ½ lime. Then season with ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon chili powder and ½ teaspoon garlic powder. Set aside.
- Place cherry tomatoes onto skewers and place onto a large plate with zucchini, jalapeno pepper, corn and remaining limes.
- Spray vegetables on each side with cooking spray and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Place the pan with the salmon and all the veggies onto the grill and cover.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Remove the tomatoes to the same plate you brought them out on (they should be just starting to burst a bit). Turn the rest of the veggies.
- Cover and cook for 3-5 more minutes. Remove zucchini and peppers (they should have a nice char but not be soggy).
- Turn the corn and limes and close- cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove corn and limes from the grill. Begin checking the temperature of the fish and remove when the thickest part reaches 145 degrees (around 5-10 more minutes).
- Once the fish has been removed from the heat, let it rest.
- While the fish rests, remove corn from husks, dice the zucchini and jalapeno pepper and remove the tomatoes from the skewers.
- Combine all the veggies in a large bowl an add the juice from half of a lime (one of the grilled ones), 1 Tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon chili powder, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and cilantro. Mix well.
- Spoon the vegetable relish over the salmon and serve immediately with additional limes on the side.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @thelifejolie so I can share it <3
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!
Leave a Reply