This Pomegranate Thyme Baked Brie Appetizer recipe is as simple to make as it is delicious!
Thank you Gloria Ferrer for sponsoring this post. Elevate your everyday entertaining this season with Gloria Ferrer wines!
I’ve always loved pairing foods with wines. Though I don’t drink excessive amounts, I love a nice glass of wine. Especially along side some equally delicious food!
I typically find myself gravitating towards dry red wines. But I also have a serious soft spot for sparkling wines. A good sparkling wine has the ability to make an otherwise hum-drum night feel exciting and celebratory all at once.
I recently had the opportunity to collaborate with Gloria Ferrer Sparkling Wines. Gloria Ferrer is California’s most awarded sparkling wine house. They’ve received over 500 gold medals and 50 90+ ratings in the last 5 years. That’s a lot of love and quality put into several different varieties.
They sent me a couple bottles to sample. The first was the Gloria Ferrer Sonoma Brut which is made with hand-harvested Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes and has pear and floral notes. The second is Gloria Ferrer Blanc De Noirs which is predominantly made from hand-harvested Pinot Noir grapes with flavors of red berry, floral notes and light vanilla.
I created a Pomegranate and Thyme Baked Brie appetizer to pair with these delicious wines. I’ve always loved how Brie pairs with sparkling wines and the way they both bring out the best and most delicious flavors in each other.
I’ve been loving all the pomegranates that have been popping up all over the grocery store lately. They have the most fantastic tangy burst when you bite into them. which plays really nicely next to the creamy texture of the brie. Add in some fresh thyme for a bit of herby-spiciness and a sweet drizzle of honey and you have a seriously easy appetizer that feels extra special with very little effort on your part.
Now, in these parts pomegranates are only available in the winter. But this awesome appetizer would also be great with fresh summer berries! I like to spread it on toasted baguette with a light drizzle of olive oil!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 8-10 ounce wheel of triple creme brie
- Pomegranate seeds
- Fresh thyme, chopped
- Olive oil
- Gloria Ferrer Sonoma Brut or Gloria Ferrer Blanc De Noir
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a couple baking pans with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Place the brie on one of the pans and into the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- On the other pan, line the baguette slices up in a single layer and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- When the first 10 minutes are up, place the pan of baguette slices onto the other oven rack and continue baking the brie and baguette slices for another 10 minutes.
- Remove all items from the oven.
- Carefully transfer the brie to your serving plate.
- Top the brie with pomegranate seeds, a sprinkle of fresh chopped thyme and a drizzle of honey, all to taste.
- Serve immediately with the baguette and pair this with Gloria Ferrer Sonoma Brut and Gloria Ferrer Blanc De Noir
Make it a meal!
A few great recipes to round out and complete this meal are:
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Christmas Bread
- Candied Pecans
- Roast Turkey Thighs for Two
- French Onion Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Savory Sauteed Green Beans
- Apple Spice Muffins
- Orange Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
- Shrimp with Pesto and Prosciutto
- Peppermint Ice Cream Pie
Another favorite cheese appetizer is:
I also love these cheese appetizers:
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.