This classic Tuna Macaroni Salad recipe is the best cold salad to make for your next spring or summer picnic. It’s such an easy side dish to throw together with simple ingredients like tuna, pasta, celery and mayonnaise and is full of fresh and delicious flavor!
Tuna Macaroni Salad
This post contains Affiliate Links. For more information please see the disclaimer here.
I have been eating this tuna noodle salad for as long as I can remember. My mom still makes it various times throughout the summer and now I do as well. I know that each year when she first makes this salad, summer has officially begun!
Like many of the best things in life, this tuna macaroni salad recipe is incredibly simple. The ingredients are low cost, making it the perfect option if you’re on a tight budget (aren’t we all?). It’s so awesome how you can combine a few simple ingredients and make a salad that is so addictive that you cannot stop eating it. And by you, I mean me. Seriously. This type of gluttony is out of control.
It’s also fast. I threw this tuna pasta salad together in twenty minutes this morning for a family dinner later in the evening and everyone was thrilled to see it as part of our spread. I also love to make a big batch and enjoy it for lunch all week!
Tips for making Macaroni Tuna Salad
- Cook the pasta to al dente as it will soften up more as it absorbs the mayo.
- Cool the pasta completely before mixing together the salad.
- Do it by taste, not measurements. I listed the ingredients in the amounts that I personally enjoy. Like most of the other cooking that you’ll see on this blog, the amounts of ingredients are completely subject to your own personal tastes. Sometimes I vary it based on my mood as well.
- This is a great make-ahead option for a weeks worth of lunches!
- Feel free to mix it up and add different flavors that you like!
This classic Tuna Macaroni Salad recipe is the best cold salad to make for your next spring or summer picnic. It's such an easy side dish to throw together with simple ingredients like tuna, pasta, celery and mayonnaise and is full of fresh and delicious flavor!
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked to al dente and cooled (or the small pasta of your choice)
- 4 ribs celery, diced
- 1/2 small-medium onion, finely diced
- 1-2 cans Tuna in water, well-drained (You could also use a 12 ounce package of Surimi Seafood)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients well.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until you're ready to serve for up to a week.
For this recipe start with these amounts of ingredients and add more to your taste if needed.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions!
Looking for some other easy side dish recipes?
Other favorite macaroni salads include:
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!