Marinated Vegetable Salad is a seriously delicious make-ahead salad option that will have everyone coming back for more!
Marinated Vegetable Salad
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
This summer salad is filled with plump, juicy tomatoes, fresh cucumbers, cauliflower florets, carrots, celery, and onions in a zesty homemade marinade.
We can all thank my cousin Maryann for graciously agreeing to share this irresistible vegetarian salad. After the first forkful hits your mouth you'll feel like you've died and gone to veggie heaven!
Why You'll Love This Veggie Salad
- Simple & healthy
- A potluck and picnic staple
- Packed with nutrients
- Perfect side for holidays
- Easily customized
- Bursting with vibrant fresh veggies
How To Make Marinated Vegetable Salad
Step 1: Prep the vegetables
Slice, cut or dice the veggies and add them to a large bowl.
Step 2: Prepare the marinade
Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and whisk.
Step 3: Toss and Chill
Toss the fresh vegetables in the homemade marinade. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
Tips for making marinated vegetable salad
- Make ahead veggie salad - This is a great make ahead option and one that can be easily doubled or tripled for a crowd!
- Easily customizable - You can totally alter the amounts of veggies to your taste.
- Save time - For an easy shortcut, buy bags of pre-chopped vegetables. They are typically delicious no matter what season you buy them.
- Don't forget to stir - Be sure to give the vegetarian salad a good stir before serving as the marinade tends to settle to the bottom of the bowl.
- Add protein - This is a fantastically healthy option to make at the beginning of the week and serve for lunch with your protein of choice!
- Don't skip the marinade - Give yourself enough time- you want to let it marinate for at least 2 hours, although overnight is better.
Summer Salad Variations
- Cheese | Add a sprinkle of your favorite shreds! Cheddar, mozzarella, and even pepper jack will taste great. Or add some goat cheese, feta, or parmesan for a fun spin on this marinated vegetable salad!
- Protein | Grilled chicken, bacon, tuna, shrimp, or sirloin steak are great protein options. Diced eggs would also be great!
- Herbs | Diced oregano, parsley, dill, or cilantro are refreshing and add a pop of color and vibrant flavor.
Can this be made ahead?
Yes and it should be! You want to give it at least 2 hours to marinate, but overnight is preferred.
Do I have to let the vegetarian salad marinade for 2 hours?
Yes, to get the ultimate results you must let it marinate for a minimum of 2 hours. This will help tenderize the vegetables and infuse the flavors of the marinade.
How long do leftovers last?
This will last covered in the fridge for up to 5 days. For best results, store the veggie salad in a glass container. Glass tends to keep the summer salad, fresh longer.
Mason jars work great, especially when you are eating it on the go.
What are some more vegetables I can add?
Go crazy and add all the extra veggies you want to this summer salad. I base what I add depending on what is on sale and what's in season. Here are my top go to vegetables:
- Bell Peppers - I like red because they are sweeter!
- Broccoli Florets
- Snow Peas
Marinated Vegetable Salad
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups carrots thinly sliced
- 2 cups celery thinly sliced
- 2 cups cucumbers, thinly sliced (you could also substitute zucchini for this if you prefer, or a combo of both)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon, ground mustard powder
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper (I used white pepper)
- Combine all veggies in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the marinade over the veggies and gently toss to fully coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours (or better if overnight!).
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions!
Looking for some other awesome salad recipes?
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!