This easy Balsamic Grilled Asparagus recipe is the absolute best way to cook asparagus! It only takes 15 minutes and cooks up perfectly on your BBQ for a simple, crispy, healthy and flavorful summer side dish.
Balsamic Grilled Asparagus
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
By now you know about my undying love for asparagus. I think it’s one of my favorite vegetables! First off, it’s healthy. Second, it tastes pretty darn good, especially when grilled!
This recipe came to be because one day I just started mixing things in with the asparagus before I gave it to J to put on the grill. Did you ever have those days, where you add various things together and randomly create a recipe?
It tasted like pure magic. The flavors melded together so beautifully. This is now my go-to asparagus recipe because it comes together within a matter of minutes with delicious results.
Tips for how to grill asparagus
- Be sure to spray the grill with cooking spray before heating to prevent sticking.
- Toss the asparagus well in the other ingredients so that it’s evenly covered.
- Be sure you keep an eye on the asparagus while it grills- it might go fast and burns easily.
- This is best served immediately.
- You’ll notice that I don’t give measurements. That’s because I’ve always just seasoned these to taste and the results have consistently been excellent.
Frequently asked questions about making balsamic asparagus
- Can this grilled asparagus be made ahead? This is best served right away It can get a little squishy in the fridge. I would only leave it in the marinade for 30-40 minutes max.
- How long do the leftovers last in the refrigerator? 2-3 days covered in the refrigerator
- What’s the best way to reheat the asparagus? I prefer using the oven and I strongly encourage you to enjoy them with a fried egg.
- Do you have to wash asparagus before cooking? It’s generally a good idea to wash and dry it.
- Can I place the asparagus directly on the grill? Yes, we always put these directly onto the grill, but you can also grill these in a basket if you’d rather (I’ll bet this recipe is fantastic with mixed grilled veggies as well).
Make it a meal!
A few great recipes to round out and complete this meal would be:
- Grilled Hawaiian Pork Chops
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Drum Sticks
- Tuna Macaroni Salad
- Tomato Salad
- No Bake S’mores Bars
- Lemon Raspberry Ice Box Pie
- Cooking spray
- Asparagus, bottoms trimmed off
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Romano or Parmesan cheese, grated
- Kosher salt
- Ground pepper
- Garlic powder
Spray the grill with cooking spray and heat to medium heat.
In a bowl combine the the asparagus, oil and balsamic vinegar.
Season to taste with the last four ingredients and put the asparagus directly onto the grill.
Keeping an eye on it and turn it periodically, cook until the asparagus has a nice char (without burning).
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @thelifejolie so I can share it <3
Try some other asparagus recipes:
- Sauteed Asparagus with Gremolata
- Pea Pesto with Asparagus
- Parmesan Roasted Asparagus with Fried Eggs
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!