This is an easy recipe for how to make Vodka Gummy Bears. They are super easy to make and are the perfect addition to any adult party.
Vodka Gummy Bears
Who doesn’t want to be the awesome person that shows up at the party with a big old container of Vodka Soaked Gummy Bears? This is hands down the sure-fire way to be the instant life of the party. It’s like a gummy bear shot, but in candy form!
Last time I made these, J thought it would be a great idea to make 5 pounds worth! Silly J. While in some ways it was a good idea because they were delicious and dangerously addictive, we then had a container of left over Boozy Gummy Bears in our fridge and during the week I’m just not about that life.
I’ve always referred to these as Rummy Bears because I’ve only ever enjoyed them with rum. But a while back at a girls night, my friend Allison made them with whipped cream flavored vodka.
Since I’m not a huge rum fan, you can imagine my joy when I tasted these with vodka. I had initially been worried that they would be too sweet, but the whipped cream flavor went perfectly with the gummy bears!
Tips for how to make vodka gummy bears
- Allison made sure to emphasize that you’ll want to make these in a glass bowl because plastic affects the texture of the gummy bears.
- You’ll want to pour the vodka over the gummy bears until it just covers them.
- Be sure you give yourself a few days before your party as these are optimal 3 days after you pour in the vodka (stir it once or twice a day).
- I keep these in the refrigerator until I’m ready to serve.
- I like to serve these with a little cup of toothpicks right next to the serving dish to keep things clean.
Frequently asked questions about making drunken gummy bears
- Do gummy bears soaked in vodka get you drunk? If you eat too many in quick succession then yes, they will get your drunk. As with any alcoholic beverages and food items, moderation is advisable.
- Should I keep vodka gummy bears in refrigerator? Yes, until serving.
- Is there a way to avoid sliminess? Although I haven’t personally found them to be slimy (though they are slightly wet since you’re soaking them in liquid) One of our gracious readers, Teela, shared that using sugar-free gummy bears helps eliminate the goo- give it a shot!
- How strong are vodka gummy bears? These tend to be pretty strong and pack quite the punch.
- Can I make vodka gummy bears in plastic or metal? I wouldn’t advise it, specifically in plastic as it adversely affects the texture. I’ve never tried metal, so I can’t speak to that but if you try it, please comment and let me know how it goes.
- How long do alcohol gummy bears last? They can last up to a week but are optimal 3 days after starting the soak.
- Can you freeze them? You can put them in the freezer, but it’s not likely they’re fully freeze as they contain so much alcohol.
- Can I use a different type of alcohol? You totally can. I bet champagne gummy bears would be delicious!
This is an easy recipe for how to make Vodka Gummy Bears. They are super easy to make and are the perfect addition to any adult party. These are made with Whipped Cream Flavored Vodka, but you can use any alcohol that you'd like.
- Gummy bears
- Whipped cream flavored vodka
Place the gummy bears in the glass bowl.
Pour the vodka over the gummy bears so that it covers them.
Cover and refrigerate for 3 days, stirring once or twice daily.
Serve but be careful because these pack quite the punch!
This giveaway has ended. Congratulations to our winners Jeanne and Lola!
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions!
Looking for some other alcoholic beverages?
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!