Ranch Chicken Foil Packets make a quick and easy dump dinner in a delicious little package. Throw them on the grill or pop them in the oven and you’ll have a flavorful dinner on the table in under 30 minutes!
This recipe is part of my Dump it ’til it’s hot series of dump recipes. It’s all about making delicious food with minimal prep, no pre-cooking, the ability to freeze for a good make-ahead meal. And trust me when I say, easy never tasted so good!
This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see the disclaimer here.
Other great chicken recipes include:
- Coconut Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
- Honey Balsamic Chicken
- Grilled Hawaiian Chicken
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Drumsticks
Ranch Chicken Foil Packets
Foil packet dinners are kind of fun, right? Your own cute little package that you open up to find your own dinner, ready to go! Not only does it make dinner fun, it makes it almost effortless and still delicious.
Since we’re all big lovers of all-things-ranch around here, I went with ranch seasoning to add a great, zesty flavor to this meal. I also sprinkled a little shredded cheddar over the veggies before placing the chicken on top. So that as it cooks/steams, the cheese melts in with the ranch seasoning and the juices from the chicken turn it into a flavorful sauce that coats the potatoes and broccoli!
Tips for making Chicken Foil Packets
- Toss the ingredients well with the seasoning and some oil so that everything is well coated for optimal flavor.
- Be sure to use the heavy duty foil so you don’t have to worry about leakage. Spread out large pieces of foil on your counter so you can assemble these all at once.
- When you put the potatoes and broccoli into the centers of the foil sheets and use your hands to clump them together as tightly as you can. Then sprinkle the shredded cheddar on them.
- Carefully place the chicken on top of the veggies.
- To close the packets, pull the sides up first and then bring the top and bottom together and crimp it down the center so that it’s fully and tightly closed.
- Let the packets rest for a few minutes before serving.
How long does it take to grill foil packets?
Around 20 minutes.
Do I have to grill the foil packets?
No, you can also back them at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
What is the temperature for grilling ranch chicken foil packets?
I like to got for medium high or around 400 degrees.
What is the internal temperature for cooked chicken?
The safe temperature for consuming poultry is 165 degrees.
Can I use other cuts of chicken?
Sure! You can also use boneless chicken thighs.
What kind of ranch seasoning do you use for this?
I used Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning packets.
Can I freeze foil packets?
You can freeze the ingredients prior to cooking, but I’d do it in plastic zipper bags.
How long do foil packets last?
These stay good for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
What do you serve with ranch chicken packets?
You don’t really have to serve anything because they are a complete meal, but if you want something extra, I like to serve it with:
What are the ingredients for Ranch Chicken Foil Packets?
- Chicken tenderloins
- Baby potatoes
- Olive oil
- Ranch seasoning
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How do you make Ranch Chicken Foil Packet Meals?
- Place the broccoli and baby potatoes in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with ranch seasoning.
- Toss until everything is fully coated.
- Divide evenly between four large sheets of foil.
- Use your hands to carefully push the veggies together tightly and sprinkle with shredded cheddar.
- In the same bowl place chicken
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with ranch seasoning.
- Toss until the chicken is fully coated.
- Divide the chicken between the foil packets and place on top of the veggies.
- Close the packets and make sure they’re sealed.
- Grill for 20 minutes at medium high heat.
- Remove the packets from the heat and let them rest for a couple minutes.
- Gallon freezer zipper bags
- Measuring spoons
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Mixing bowl
- Grill tongs
- Meat thermometer
Ranch Chicken Foil Packets make a quick and easy dump dinner in a delicious little package. Throw them on the grill or pop them in the oven and you'll have a flavorful dinner on the table in under 30 minutes!
- Cooking spray
- 24 ounces baby potatoes
- 2-3 crowns broccoli, cut into large florets
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 packets ranch seasoning, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package chicken tenderloins (around 8 tenderloins)
Preheat the grill to medium high.
Lay out 4 large pieces of foil and spray them with cooking spray.
Place the potatoes and broccoli florets into a large bowl. Drizzle with 2 Tablespoons oil and sprinkle with 1 packet of ranch seasoning.
Toss so that everything is fully coated.
Divide potatoes and broccoli between the pieces of foil, using your hands to gently push them into a tight clump in the middle of each piece of foil.
Divide the shredded cheddar between each foil pack sprinkling over the veggies.
In the same large bowl, place the chicken tenderloins. Drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with other packet of ranch seasoning.
Toss so that the chicken is fully coated.
Divided the chicken pieces between each piece of foil, placing the tenderloins on top of the veggies.
Close the foil packets by folding each of the sides in. Then bring the top and the bottom pieces together and crimp it all together so that it's fully sealed.
Grill for 20 minutes and then remove from the heat and rest for a couple minutes. Serve immediately.
Now that you know how to make this Ranch Chicken Foil Packets recipe, be sure to share it and tag @thelifejolie on Instagram and Facebook. And be sure to pin it to save for later or bookmark it!
Check out other Dump It ‘Til It’s Hot posts:
- Dump recipes main page
- My introduction post
- Best tools for prepping dump recipes
- Tips for making dump dinners
Be sure to subscribe to gain access to all the bonuses and recipe previews!
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!