Make this crazy easy Chicken Chili in the Instant Pot or Crock Pot and prepare to wow your family! Tender shredded chicken, delicious vegetables and a ton of fantastic flavor makes this the go-to dish to warm you right up.
Easy Chicken Chili
This is a sponsored conversation on behalf of Tuttorosso and The Feedfeed. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help support this blog. This post contains affiliate links. Please see the disclaimer here.
The minute the weather starts to cool down, it immediately feels like chili season and I am here for it. It’s one of the things I absolutely love about the fall! And what’s not to love? It’s super flavorful. Hearty enough to be a full meal. Totally easy to make (and with the recipes, super hands off once you assemble). Awesome to feed a crowd. And the leftovers are also delicious!
The first time I tested this was on a Sunday afternoon to enjoy alongside the football games. Everyone went crazy over this chili, so it needed very little tweaking. I was especially happy to see Alice enjoy it as she was previously unwilling to eat any chili. But it was a total hit and has made it’s way onto my meal plans many times since.
Choosing Tuttorosso Tomatoes
Tuttorosso Tomatoes have been my family’s go-to canned tomatoes for as long as I can remember. Quality is really important to our family and I love that Tuttorosso provides unmatched quality you can see as well as taste. When your recipe starts with high-quality ingredients, it gives you the confidence to take them to the next level.
Their Italian inspired tomato products are sustainably produced without the use of artificial colors, flavor or preservatives and the ingredients are NON-GMO in Non-BPA lined cans. Each tomato is physically inspected for imperfections and use of a color sorter ensure that on the the best rich, red tomatoes are used. Steam Sealed Flavor-Loc Flavor-Loc system to protect the fresh, vine-ripened flavor. This means they’re not considered “processed food” since they are canned using only steam to preserve them.
Tips for making this Chicken Chili Recipe
- If using the instant pot, take full advantage of the saute setting. It’s not completely necessary, but it does add some depth of flavor. You can also saute the veggies before adding to the crockpot chili if you want to.
- For Instant Pot chili, make sure you do at least a 10 minute natural release before quick releasing. This will make sure the chicken is fall-apart-tender.
- I add the beans and corn during the last hour of crockpot cooking or after the pressure has been released and you’ve turned the Instant Pot to the saute setting to maintain their texture.
Is chicken chili spicy?
The recipe as written has a tiny kick to it, but isn’t really “spicy.” Both my kids ate it with no problem. You can definitely add more cayenne pepper if you prefer a spicier chili or just include the jalapeno seeds in.
How do you make chicken chili thicker?
I use 1-3 Tablespoons of tomato paste to thicken it up (add this with the beans and corn). I left the amount open so you can get it to the texture you prefer. Be aware that if you’re making this ahead, it will thicken up in the fridge.
What goes with chicken chili?
I served this with tortilla strips, cheese, cilantro and lime wedges. But this would be tasty with any of your favorite chili toppings.
Can you freeze chicken chili?
Absolutely, it freezes well! I use an airtight container.
How long does chicken chili last?
This will last 4-5 days covered in the refrigerator.
Chicken Chili Ingredients
- Olive oil (if using Instant Pot)
- Green bell pepper
- Jalapeno pepper
- Chili powder
- Smoked paprika
- Cayenne pepper
- Ground coriander seed
- Kosher salt
- Tuttorosso Italian Inspirations Diced Tomatoes
- Chicken breasts
- Black beans
- Kidney beans
- Tuttorosso tomato paste
Make this crazy easy Chicken Chili made in the Instant Pot or Crock Pot and prepare to wow your family! Tender shredded chicken, delicious vegetables and a ton of fantastic flavor makes this your go-to dish to warm you right up.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional- only use if you're sautéing the veggies first)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and diced (you can also include the seeds if you want a spicier chili)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup beer (or chicken stock if you don't cook with alcohol)
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 28 ounce can Tuttorosso Italian Inspirations Diced Tomatoes
- 2 large raw boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 3 small)
- 1 14 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1-3 Tablespoons Tuttorosso tomato paste
(Optional first step) Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat and saute onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened. Deglaze the pan with beer and add mixture to crockpot.
Combine all ingredients except for the beans, corn and tomato paste into the crockpot.
Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours.
Stir in both beans, corn and tomato paste for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
(Optional first step) Switch Instant Pot to the Saute setting and heat oil. Saute onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened. Deglaze the pan with beer.
Combine all ingredients except for the beans, corn and tomato paste into the Instant Pot.
Cover and make change the valve to Sealing. Change the setting to Manual High Pressure for 15 minutes.
When the time is up, do a natural release for 10 minutes and then do a quick release.
Remove the cover and change the settings to saute.
Stir in both beans, corn and tomato paste and simmer for 5-10 minutes to heat beans and corn and thicken the chili.
Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it 🙂 I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @thelifejolie so I can share it <3
Other delicious chili recipes include:
You can find a full index of my recipes here.
Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post!
Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!